|Location: Crawley||Salary: £35000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Would allow 2-3 days working from home per week
This is a varied role operating within the Technical Publications function based in Crawley. Working in an established team with years of expertise and the latest industry tools creating highly technical content. You will be self-starting and have the ability to work independently, you will be results driven and able to interpret information requirements into clear concise content to be used in our suite of product manuals.
- Responsible for writing high-end technical product documentation in accordance with project requirements, local and global company policies and produce updates to documents in support of engineering changes.
- Work with all project personnel, interpret documentation requirements and extract necessary information from the project and engineering design teams. Obtain and collate design information as source material towards the creation of accompanying documentation, design the information deliverables to support the product.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all activities to meet the needs of documentation and the customer.
- Management of the delivery of solutions to agreed timescales. Recognize risks and demonstrate ability to manage and/or escalate these risks to the project team and functional management.
- Ability to coach and mentor other Technical Authors in the team, to be a go to person of excellence for information development knowledge and business processes.
- Collect and collate evidential documentation to support internal and external audit requirements as and when required
- Initiate and support translation activities with the localization team for any content development projects you are assigned to.
- Ability to take on editorial tasks as and when required.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Team Leader and/or Technical Publications and Localizations Manager.
- Ability to identify and participate in departmental and business related continuous improvement initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of Degree or equivalent experience in a scientific, software technical, or life sciences environment required.
- Experience with XML-based authoring tools is essential, Ixiasoft CMS would be highly advantageous.
- Competent in DITA XML, XML and Adobe FrameMaker is highly desirable.
- Competent using Microsoft Office/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio.
- Experience of working in an Agile project environment would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of working with medical imaging systems hardware and software would be highly advantageous.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.