|Location: Wimborne, Dorset||Salary: £25 - £36 per hour + Contract rate|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence, Electronics||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Technical Author required for a globally established defence / nuclear company in the Dorset area that is a leader in the design, manufacture, supply, support, lifetime extension and decommissioning of I&C systems for the worldwide nuclear industry. Their site in Dorset is seen as their flagship site as it produces the greatest income and is vastly expanding.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author that is looking to develop their career and be a part of a company that values its employees by offering them a competitive hourly rate, fantastic working environment and an expanding project pipeline. (Hourly rate will be discussed over the phone). This position is available on an initial 6 month contract.
The Technical Author will need to have the following skills:
* The ability to research and analyse a range of complex technical information, absorb information quickly, and communicate it concisely and clearly in both written and illustrative forms.
* A strong eye for detail and the capacity to understand the needs of the end-user to ensure that content is designed and delivered accordingly.
* A sound understanding of Microsoft Word and proficiency in the use of other Microsoft Office software, including Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency with graphics editing and/or illustration software.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to liaise effectively with sales, design teams, technical support staff, and project management.
* Must be organised, methodical, and able to manage own time and multiple workloads.
* Able to work alone and collaboratively; creating, proofreading and editing documentation.
* Forecast working timescales accurately and deliver to deadlines; provide documentation forecasts for project bidding activities.
THE TECHNICAL AUTHOR WILL NEED TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE.
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.