|Location: Dorset, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
A Technical Author needed for a leading aerospace and defence company, who are based in Dorset. My client is known as the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, they help their customers increase the safety and mission capabilities for extreme environments.
They are looking to employ a candidate who is comfortable generating, maintaining and updating accurate, engaging, user friendly documentation that adheres to my client's guidelines and standards. Documentation and Service Bulletins created will also be expected to comply with applicable customer contract requirements and international technical authoring specifications. Ideally, the correct candidate will have technical authoring experience and expertise and also have associated qualifications. Also, have experience of publications verification and validation.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Author will include:
- Working closely with IPT engineering personnel
- Author, edit and maintain technical documents, to meet customer and contract requirements. including:
- Equipment Maintenance and Operation manuals
- Data Modules
- Component Maintenance Manuals
- Service Bulletins & Information Letters
- Ensure all technical documentation is produced to required quality, timeframes, authoring specifications and standards:
- Including review and quality checking of material authored by other technical publishers/writers and outsource vendor partners
- Support verification and validation of technical documentation with subject matter experts, internal or external partners and developers to validate content
- Interface with outsource vendor contacts and subject matter experts to produce and maintain current documentation where required
What you need to be the successful Technical Author:
In order to be the successful Technical Author and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Technical authoring experience / expertise and associated qualifications
- ASD S1000D Data Module authoring experience
- ATA iSpec 2200 authoring experience
- ATA 100 authoring experience
- Experience of publications verification and validation
- Competent in use of Simplified English
- Competent user of Adobe Structured FrameMaker
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Benefits on offer:
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
- On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including
- a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, private medical and dental insurance,
- Holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
- Share incentive schemes
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted Sports and Social Club membership
- A wide range of internal and external training opportunities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Author to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Technical Author role, you need to be eligible for security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.