|Location: Crawley||Salary: £43000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 22 days ago|
Technical Author Team Leader
To support the growth of the of my clients business and their constant innovation in patient care, the Global Engineering business area has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Publications Team Leader. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with extensive experience of defining and creating content for product and technical documentation and literature, in addition to a proven track record in team leadership. This is a varied role operating within the Global Information Development capability based in Crawley working within an established team and access to the latest industry tools in order to create highly technical content. You will be an approachable networker and organized self-starter achieving results through teams and an ability to interpret information requirements into clear concise end-user focused content. Experience of leading documentation teams in the medical device industry and AGILE product creation environments is highly desirable.
* Work as part of the Technical Publications team to create compliant technical and product documentation deliverables including documentation updates to support Installed Base engineering changes.
* Assist the company planning events of information development activities and coordinate with Technical Authors, to meet the needs of Global Engineering project SCRUM teams and Installed Base service support organizations.
* Collaborate with project teams and Technical Authors to interpret documentation requirements and identify source materials necessary to populate information development deliverables.
* Assist and guide Technical Authors to obtain and collate product design information and source materials in order to design and develop information development deliverables.
* Assist the Technical Publications Manager in the management of functional deliverables to agreed timescales. Identify and manage information development risks and escalate to project teams and higher management as appropriate.
* Manage and conduct annual performance reviews with your direct reports in line with the Global Performance Management process.
* Assist in the planning, initiation and support for translation activities with the localization team.
* Collect and collate evidential documentation to support internal and external audit requirements as and when required.
* Assist the coordination of editorial tasks as and when required.
* Represent the Technical Publications function at meetings as delegated by the functional manager in order to represent, provide updates and capture requirements.
* Undertake other tasks as requested by the Technical Publications Manager.
* Ability to coach and mentor other Technical Authors in the team, to be a go to person of excellence for information development knowledge and business processes.
Qualifications & Experience
* Minimum of Degree or equivalent experience in a scientific, software technical, or life sciences environment required
* Track record of team leadership/management of technical authoring/writing teams
* Experience with XML-based authoring tools is essential; experience with Ixiasoft CMS is highly desirable
* Competent in DITA XML, XML and Adobe FrameMaker
* Competent using Microsoft Office/Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Visio
* Experience of working in an AGILE product creation environment is highly desirable
* Previous experience of working within medical device industry is highly desirable
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.