|Location: West Sussex||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Kayleigh Budgen||Job Published: 22 days ago|
12 Month Contract
Technical Engineer needed for a highly reputable and respected aerospace organisation based in Gatwick who are looking to employ a flexible and organised Technical Engineer that will represent the team at all required customer meetings, as well as working closely with Production Planners to ensure deliverable plans are driven to execution. They will form a key point of contact for customer technical representatives ensuring customer requirements are satisfied.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Engineer will include:
* Technical assistance to all supported Line and Base maintenance stations.
* Primary escalation path for all technical queries at any supported Line or Base maintenance station.
* Be the focal and liaison between customer /CAMO during maintenance activity.
* Carry out initial technical assessment of customer request to ensure the request falls within our capability and apply technical assessment to consider likely challenges including required skills, tooling, access requirements, NDT etc.
* Responsible for the oversight of the transcribing of customer / CAMOs maintenance data into approved client work packs.
* Ensure all supplied data from customer / CAMO is accurate.
* Communicate with OEM / Type Certificate Holder if required on behalf of customer.
* Work alongside production planners to aid the planning and execution of maintenance inputs.
* Assist Production Planning in periods of Sickness and leave.
* Provide base maintenance operation oversight with regards to safety / schedule and delivery.
* Coordinate customers while onsite.
* Monitor compliance through sampling.
* Assist production planners with work scope evaluations.
* Participate in pre input meetings.
* Continuously monitor processes to ensure maximum efficiency can be achieved.
What experience you need to be a successful Technical Engineer:
* Be able to work unsupervised but also be a team player who will grasp opportunities to exceed the expectations of internal and external customers.
* Previous experience of using the AMOS system.
* Hold an EASA Part-66 B1 and/or B2 Licence
Desirable skills of the Technical Engineer:
* Aircraft Engineering Degree preferable.
* Previous experience on widebody and/or ETOPS aircraft is an advantage.
* Be able to decipher technical drawings / documentation. REDARS, CATIA, IVT experience desirable.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.