|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Contract|
|Contact: Sophia Broad||Job Published: 17 days ago|
12-month contract - Inside IR35
Technical Lead needed for a highly reputable and respected defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Technical Lead to come in and lead complex projects within hybrid electric drive military vehicles. This is an amazing opportunity for someone with previous experience in gearbox/driveline design; electric motor design and/or vehicle systems to be a part of a project that specialises in such advanced technology! The ideal candidate will ideally have used Dassault Systems, SolidWorks and Siemens Solid Edge.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e., Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering. If you currently hold SC Clearance that would be great!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Lead will include:
- Technical lead for complex electro-mechanical projects
- Driving and leading engineering teams
- Providing direction and finding resolution to engineering problems
- Developing technical delivery plans
- Supporting the development of design certification
- Reviewing and agreeing test plans and undertaking test readiness reviews
- Completing technical risk assessments
- Completing safety risk assessments
- Providing technical communication to the customer
What experience you need to be the successful Technical Lead:
Required Skills, Experience and Characteristics:
- Drive and determination to deliver projects
- Degree qualified in a mechanical / electrical / mechatronics engineering
- Good communication, decision making and problem resolution skills
- Able to effectively manage suppliers
- Extensive experience of electrical machine design, development and manufacture
- Extensive experience of transmission (gear design), development and manufacture
- Practical engineering skill and experience
- Good understanding of design for manufacture
- Good understanding of project lifecycles and technical assurance
Desirable Skills, Experience and Characteristics:
- Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks
- SolidWorks Product Data Management (PDM)
- Siemens Solid Edge
- Siemens Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Gear design to ISO 6336
- Application of BS 8888 geometric product specification, geometric tolerance specification and engineering drawings.
- Experience in both bespoke one-off design and production manufacture an advantage
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Lead to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.