|Location: Exeter, Devon, S. W. England, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Highways & Highways Electricals||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Emma Puddick|
Salary (DOE - Competitive!) - 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
Our client is a fantastic leading consultancy within the Property, Energy, Water, Transport and Environmental sector!
Due to an increased work load, they are now looking for a Technical Manager (Wastewater) to be based from either Exeter or Bristol.
The successful Technical Manager will be expected to carry out business development to gain new fantastic clients, building teams and delivering on existing projects.
As well as all of the above, you will be part of the wider Regional Water Technical Management Team.
With regards to the business development side of the role, you will also be expected to build strong client relationships and a reputation for providing advice and support to clients.
Main Responsibilities for the Successful Technical Manager:
- Contribute to the delivery & development of the Water Technical team by:
- Utilising existing relationships or build new relationships with clients to win work from and provide a sustainable workstream for the team
- Working with the Water Technical Leadership Team, to demonstrate leadership, management, motivation and development of staff to improve their performance and achieve their potential, including clear succession planning
- Providing High-quality Water Technical services, demonstrating continuous improvement
- Contributing to the growth of the business through identifying, developing and delivering new workstreams and services
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in the Technical and Operations divisions
- Driving innovation and efficiency across the Water Technical teams
- Supporting in business planning, financial control, commercial and risk management
- Contributing to the growth of the team delivering Water Technical project work and securing future frameworks and projects
- Delivering project profit targets through robust project management
- Ensure that the team is meeting utilisation targets
- Creating High Performing Teams through a culture of enthusiasm and engagement and strong people management skills
- The health, safety and wellbeing of our staff through a strong safety culture
- Managing the team from both the HR and project delivery perspectives
- Deliver/exceed the budgeted level of profit for their team
- Identify resource requirements and recruit a varied range of technical staff to enable the efficient delivery
Skills, experience & Qualifications required
- Strong relationships skills and reputation in providing advice and support in specialist areas and ensuring delivery to client expectation
- Able to provide direction on projects, manage risks across major teams and resolve problems, working across projects and clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills, staff development track record, mentoring and team management experience
- Prior experience in Project Manager or Framework Manager in a client facing capacity role
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the water and/or wastewater industry, regulatory and compliance standards.
- This will include either:
- Wastewater asset management, investment, performance and significant experience of water / wastewater modelling processes, and/or;
- Wastewater capital engineering design practices with significant experience of water/ wastewater infrastructure design.
- Prior deep expertise in the technical leadership and delivery of water/wastewater projects to budget, profit expectations and client satisfaction
- Relevant Degree plus Chartered or Incorporated, or demonstrable experience
- Recognised People and/or Project Management Qualification
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Competent user of the complete Microsoft package
- Happy to complete travel within role where required
- Full UK Driving Licence
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.