|Location: Lee-on-the-Solent||Salary: £80000 - £95000 per annum + pension,healthcare, benefits|
|Sector: Life Sciences||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Douthwaite|
Technical Operations Director
Based in Hampshire the Technical/Operations Director will lead and direct operations and drive through changes to effect improvements in the business operations and enhance quality, ensuring that the structure, policies, systems and processes are in place to deliver customer satisfaction and growth in accordance with best practice and regulatory compliance.
The Technical/Operations Director will collaborate and coordinate with the other members of the Executive Management Team: Financial Controller and Commercial Manager to manage the business and drive growth. The Technical/Operations Director will have around:
125 indirect reports
6 direct reports: Business Manager, Microbiology, Business Manager, Toxicology, Quality Assurance Manager, Human Resources Manager, Information Technology Manager & Facilities Manager.
- Attend Board meetings and will contribute to developing company policy, strategic plans and setting budgets, as well as maintaining communications on performance, expenditure and major operational issues.
- Lead and direct the Operations Team to ensure high performance in day-to-day finance, toxicology and microbiological testing laboratories, human resources, information technology, quality assurance and site services.
- Whilst day-to-day scientific involvement will be limited, an ability to understand, explore and problem-solve the issues that are escalated is necessary.
- Develop the operational plans, systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement in efficiency, productivity and individual performance (target-setting, appraisals) whilst preserving regulatory compliance.
- Liaise with the Financial Controller regularly on day-to-day financial activities in Operations, including overheads, personnel, equipment, suppliers etc.
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager r regularly to review business analysis, identify & explore new services & business initiatives, develop new business proposals and ensure coordination between sales and marketing activities and Operations.
- Execute the company policy and strategic plan which currently includes major change-management projects in information technology, organisational structure and laboratory infrastructure.
- Demonstrate professionalism, integrity and a leadership style that commands respect.
- Uphold the values and reputation of the company.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Proven leadership and team management skills
- Proven operational capabilities preferably in a contract laboratory setting
- Ability to understand and address the scientific issues
- Effective change management experience
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Awareness of the commercial environment and importance of achieving customer satisfaction
Qualifications & Experience:
- Life Science degree or equivalent
- Laboratory, preferably contract laboratory, operations experience
- Experience of working to GMP/GLP standards
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manager to step into a Director role or for an experienced Director to implement their skills on a successful operation.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.