|Location: Reading||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms, Pharmaceuticals, Client Delivery||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Matt Scott|
Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Specialist needed for a multinational pharmaceutical organisation based in Reading. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2/3 years previous experience and certification within SAP and finance systems.
As Technical Support Specialist, you will be required to support the teams' efforts towards various aspects of the overall operations of financial systems including day-to-day transactions, issue review, reporting, ongoing system maintenance, enhancements, project initiatives, and identification of system efficiencies.
What the Technical Support Specialist role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Support Specialist will include:
- Support EMEA Finance community with systems related queries, training, change requests, UAT and production support
- Act as key contact for OTC Team, assist with answering queries and support integrated testing
- Act as main point of contact with IT to log SAP Fusion/BI tickets and issues
- Deliver robust testing of systems solutions and comply with validated environment requirements
- Represent EMA Finance in cross-functional reviews of business process and systems solutions
- Identify opportunities to maximize existing systems functionality and streamline related business processes
- Ensure Financial and SOX Compliance by understanding responsibilities and accountability for internal controls
- Support implementations through requirements, fit/gap analysis, SDLC/Agile methodology, user testing and post go-live support
What experience you need to be the successful Technical Support Specialist:
- A minimum of 2/3 years of professional experience working with SAP and finance systems is required, preferably in SAP and Business Data Warehouse (BW) Environment.
- SAP certification in one or more modules (FI/CO, SD, BI)
- In-depth understanding of SAP configuration and functionality across SD, FI/CO modules (please note this is not a hands-on configuration role)
- Proven experience in SAPFI/CO implementations and production support, either as Business Power User, or Functional Analyst
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Finance core business processes
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of integration points with OTC processes (Intercompany billing, Customer Billing, Customer Master, Pricing, Order Flow)
- Proven knowledge of G/L, A/R, A/P, Cost Centre Accounting, Profit Centre Accounting, Profitability Analysis and Internal Orders, Procure to Pay processes, SAP Query
- Proven experience of handling VAT -related changes (tax codes functionality and set up, VAT rate changes, condition records, customer master)
- Experience in interface support
- Highly computer literate, Proficient use of Microsoft packages, with emphasis on Excel and Visio
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Support Specialist to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.