|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Hampshire, Dorset, Bristol
Technical Authority needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in either Hampshire, Dorset or Bristol who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Technical Authority that takes pride in their work with a strong background in systems design, requirements specification and acceptance, and stakeholder management.
- Competitive pension scheme
- Enhanced annual leave allowance
- Company contributed Share Incentive Plan.
- Flexible working
- Employee assistance programme
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Technical Authority will include:
- Ownership and definition the AWS Product evolution strategy and design
- Responsibility for ensuring that all AWS sub-systems and equipment are safe to install, operate, maintain and dispose of and meet the customer requirements to cost schedule and quality.
- Achieving and maintaining qualification for AWS sub-systems and equipment according to company process.
- Managing engineering change related to AWS sub-system design and equipment according to company process.
- Resolution of complex issues regarding AWS sub-systems and their interfaces to the Common Combat System and submarine platform.
- Mentoring of subordinate engineers ranging from Junior to Principal Engineers
- Responsibility for decisions on technical issues with respect to the AWS sub-systems and provision of engineering advice and guidance to Suppliers and the MoD Customer base
- Provision of engineering advice and engineering decisions to the AWS Senior Project Manager for all AWS sub-systems
- Involvement in future submarine technologies and concepts
What experience you need to be the successful Technical Authority:
- Ideally hold a degree in an Engineering discipline.
- Ideally be a Chartered Engineer.
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering, Safety Standards and Product Legislation and Certification
- Ability to demonstrate a good understanding of Project Management, Risk and Commercial principles and knowledge
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Authority to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for security clearance up to SC level is required for the Technical Authority position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.