|Location: England||Salary: Up to £273 per day|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Gautam Raval|
Telecoms Field Engineer (Ericsson) - Nationwide
6 Months contract - Inside IR35
My client is a global communications provider who are looking to recruit a Telecoms Field Engineer with Ericsson 6000 equipment experience to be part of a field team dealing with 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G network enhancemnets including installation & commissioning.
This is field based role and travel nationwide will be a part of this role.
Telecoms Field Engineer (Ericsson) Responsibilities:
- The Field Engineer will be responsible for executing site deliverables for all scope within their remit as defined by the project.
- You will ensure operational continuity and smooth execution by implementing proactive field engineering activities onsite with a Health & Safety and quality mindset.
- Lead and direct self as well as other site resources as the Person In Charge of Works (PICW).
- Experienced and a proven ability to understand all safety requirements and implement them to self and others on site.
- Possess a strong, robust & resilient character which allows firm control across all site activities across various disciplines as well as their own.
- Understands the risks and requirements form other site resources: rigging works, electrical, mechanical/cabinet, pedestrian management, lift management & traffic management.
- Strong remote communication & problem-solving skills to ensure issues are managed on the day, in partnership with back office support, to conclusion in a calm and effective manner.
- Ensure delivery performance objectives & hand over SLA's are achieved.
- Be an advocate of change where required & bring innovation to all aspects of their daily routine.
- Ability to work and control all types of sites: Street Works, Greenfield and Roof-top
- Good interpersonal skills
- Previously worked on Ericsson 6000 equipment (ideally within last 2 years)
- Previously worked on Beacon projects or similar (ideally within last 2 years)
- Logical thinker with good problem-solving skills
- Ability to stay calm & controlled
- Leadership qualities (previous experience at running sites and the various concurrent activities)
- Previous experience in surveying and documenting sites (eg. PIV's)
- Able to understand Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans (CPHSP) and complete Dynamic Risk Assessments (DRAs) where required
- Previous experience in gathering data & completing site hand-over documentation (HOP)
- Understands Health and Safety & its importance within mobile/wireless telecoms
- Readiness to acquire new knowledge and develop existing skills
- Certificates to be in date and/or ability to gain certs quickly
- Experience of dealing with ERS/Fibre solution sites
Telecoms Field Engineer (Ericsson) Essential Skills:
- Onsite I&C experience in a mobile/wireless telecoms environment for at least 5 years
- Ericsson equipment installation, commissioning and troubleshooting for at least 2 years
Telecoms Field Engineer (Ericsson) Special Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Ericsson RBS 6000 accreditation
- Ericsson ERS I&C licencing
- All relevant certification to carry out the onsite role as defined, such as: RF awareness, rooftop safety, first aid, asbestos awareness, manual handling, DC competence/Electrical Awareness or equivalent, NRSWA, etc.
- Technical experience in a wireless telecom's environment
- Excellent MS Skills
- Ability to identify efficiency opportunities on existing work routines
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.