|Location: Crawley||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Medical Communications||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: James Giblin||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Test Automation Engineer
Test Automation Engineer needed for a leading Engineering organisation based in Crawley who are looking to employ an experienced Test Automation Engineer who takes pride in their work.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Automation Engineer will include:
- To review system requirements and identify scenarios for automated testing.
- To develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts.
- To identify and document defects when performing test execution and work with the development team to resolve these.
- To ensure that all formal test activities are properly recorded according to the company's quality system.
- To continually develop and improve test methods, tools and techniques, including the test automation framework.
- Support the development of the test automation strategy
- Develop the test automation framework
- Create automated test scripts to implement testing scenarios.
- Review test scripts for adequacy of implementation and test coverage.
- Test script execution.
- Create and test problem reports
What you need to be the successful Test Automation Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Automation Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Several years' working as a Software Developer in Test, or Test Automation Engineer, developing test automation scripts and frameworks using at least one standard programming or scripting language.
- Experience of the software and test development lifecycles and the tools to support them gained working in product development teams.
- Critical thinking with the ability to evaluate, provide constructive criticism and formulate improvement plans.
- Quality conscious, analytical, proactive and flexible.
- Team working across a diverse multidisciplinary team.
- An innovative and persistent approach to problem solving.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
- Continuous Integration systems.
- Automating tests for application software that controls physical hardware.
- Agile methodologies.
- Development of systems for medical applications.
- GUI automation tools eg Squish, QTP, TestComplete, Test Architect, White.
This really is a fantastic opportunity in Crawley for a Test Automation Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.