|Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire||Salary: £30 per hour|
|Sector: Medical Devices||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Test Engineer needed for a multinational medical devices organisation based in Leeds who are looking to employ an experienced Test Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of new product development and research testing work, and in particular Orthopedic devices.
The successful Test Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity to work for a global pharmaceutical firm, but also because they offer a competitive and enticing pay rate: £30p/h.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineer will include:
Conducting new product development and research testing work, duties include but are not limited to: liaising and understanding requirements of work requests from Bio-engineers, translation of requests into practical in vitro tests, planning and execution of tests, analysis of data, completion of formal reporting and discussion with customers during and post activity to assess requirements for additional work.
* Assisting Other Test Engineers as and when required on a variety of projects
* Helping Other Test Engineers in the lab to perform testing if necessary
* Setting up of test assemblies
* Contributing to departmental initiatives and meetings (within laboratory and wider R+D)
* Lead testing for the Orion project
* Participating in the development, component specification, building and validation of equipment employing electronics (such as instruments including transducer, controllers and triggers applied to test machines)
* Maintaining laboratory inspection/test equipment by ensuring that equipment is serviceable, including but not limited to actively working or organizing subcontractors as required, ensuring calibration to schedule, servicing and maintenance, breakdown repairs
* Ensuring quality is maintained to ISO 17025 standard in the laboratory.
* New equipment and facilities: Assist with Capital Expenditure (CapEx) justification, including defining the specification and introduction to the laboratory area, examples include but are not limited to Critical systems change form, internal Qualification, calibration, risk assessment, staff training and developing work instructions
* Design and facilitate manufacture of one off fixtures to support the lab activities as required utilizing CAD. Maintain register and storage of fixtures.
* Maintaining the mechanism for planning and recording machine usage including all activities of work tasks, calibration and maintenance.
What you need to be the successful Test Engineer:
In order to be the successful Test Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Qualification A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent demonstrable experience is required.
* Experience in analytical testing is desired.
* Experience working with multiple international customers is a bonus.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and think laterally to improve upon the range of testing offered would be a bonus.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Presentation skills, written and oral
* Report writing
* Independent working
* A team player with the ability to complete tasks through interaction with team members. Experience of systems design, integration & test.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.