|Location: Hampshire, England||Salary: £60000 - £79000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Test Engineering Manager
Test Engineering Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Hampshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Test Engineering Manager that takes pride in their work with proven experience as a Team Lead, experience in a system development environment with demonstrable success of team leadership and performance management and experience / Awareness of Control Account Management, development of Basis of Estimates using metrics, including management of risk.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Test Engineering Manager will include:
- To champion Functional Excellence for the Test Evaluation and Acceptance Function
- To manage your team through Organisational Health Initiatives (OHI), Rotational Assignments, Succession, Retention, Employee Development, Innovative Thinking and Leadership Excellence for the SW function
- To actively lead and deliver Digital Development Environment (DDE) Agile, Automation and Model Based Engineering for the Test function
- To promote the delivery of the company's Full Spectrum Leadership and Join the Journey across the Test function
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with Peers, Technical Leads and Programme Management for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Participation in technical and business meetings for the Programme for which your teams are assigned.
- Proactive development of staff including appropriate stretch assignments to support career development plans, and performance management actions as needed.
- Ensure the department's adherence to departmental and company policies along with active participation in their continued development and maintenance
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current and future business status to enable effective provision of both resource and capability for your area of responsibility.
- To ensure that the Test Evaluation and Acceptance elements for projects to which your staff are assigned are completed on schedule working collaboratively with other functions following established procedures, schedules, and work plans.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to achieve results might cause delays in program schedules and result in the allocation of more resources.
What experience you need to be the successful Test Engineering Manager:
- Proven experience as a Team Lead
- Experience in a system development environment with demonstrable success of team leadership and performance management.
- Experience / Awareness of Control Account Management, development of Basis of Estimates using metrics, including management of risk
- Able to gain the trust and confidence of staff members, Technical leads and peers throughout Engineering & Technology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills whether written, verbal or via formal presentations
- Capable of securing UK security clearance at the appropriate level for this position.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Engineering Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Test Engineering Manager position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.