|Location: London||Salary: + Package|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Electronics, Defence, Engineering, Space, Life Sciences, Technology, Safety||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jeremy Farley||Job Published: 21 days ago|
Job Title: Test Equipment Engineer
Location: West London
Salary: £DOE + Package
Key Skills: Test, Development, Engineering, Design, 2D, 3D, Drawings, Wiring, ENC, TestStand, LabView, RF, Ethernet, Firmware, Production, Manufacturing, Fault Finding
An experienced Test Equipment Engineer is required to play a key role in working as part of a team developing new test solutions for new electronic products as they are developed and brought into production, plus provide support to existing facilities.
So, what will you be doing as a Test Equipment Engineer?
- Providing cost estimates for the development of test equipment that will be required for a new product during the bid process.
- Taking an active role in the design for test activities ensuring that new designs can be successfully tested.
- Identifying the most efficient and cost-effective test solution for testing products both in production and Qualification phase of a products development and introduction into production.
- Designing the test facility and production of the documentation so that it can be manufactured & tested efficiently.
- Supporting the manufacture of the test facility.
- Development of any Test software / firmware that is required for the test facility.
- Commissioning of the test facility including identifying and producing calibration procedure when required.
- Developing Test procedures documentation, describing the procedure for using developed equipment to enable testing of the finished products during production and qualification activities.
- Be aware of and work within agreed project timescales and budgets.
- Liaising with other engineering disciplines to agree on the interfacing protocols regarding software development.
- Maintaining existing legacy Test equipment.
- Supporting Fault-finding of Products during production as required.
- Supporting off site test activities when required.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What are we looking for in our next Test Equipment Engineer?
- Experienced in creating basic 2D mechanical drawings for test facilities.
- Experienced in creating basic electrical circuit drawing and wiring information for test boxes and cables.
- Understanding issues that arise with EMC Testing and experience with combating these.
- Able to generate consistent written instructions on how to perform a test.
- Able to develop automated test programs using National Instruments TestStand and CVI or LabView (CVI an advantage)
- Experienced with using standard office tools (Word, Excel, Visio etc.).
- Flexible working, can work on their own as part of a small department or as part of a much larger Product team.
- Experience in testing products using JTAG test methods.
- Experience in testing RF products up to 20 GHz.
- Experience in testing digital FPGA based products.
- Experience of testing Ethernet interfaces, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS485 is an advantage.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Test Equipment Engineer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Test Equipment Engineer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.