|Location: Havant||Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Kayleigh Budgen||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Test Facilities Engineer
Test Facilities Engineer needed for a leading defence and aerospace organisation based in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ an experienced and well qualified Test Facilities Engineer to support multiple programmes across the business in the design, development, manufacture and support of test facilities rigs. Please note you will need be able to travel between other sites where test facilities and rigs are located.
What the role entails:
As a Test Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Electrical and mechanical design, cable assembly construction, installation and repair.
- Design and drawing of rig components and lab layouts
- Procurement of hardware and software components
- Build and commissioning of Test Facilities, including racks, cabling and computer equipment
- Configuration management of test facilities (hardware and software)
- Ownership of Lab Governance Documentation
- Fast prototyping of hardware solutions
- Co-ordination of support, repair, maintenance and calibration of test equipment
- Troubleshoot problems to resolve issues and if necessary, liaise with tool Vendors and/or IT Infrastructure & Security.
What experience you need to be a successful Test Facilities Engineer:
- Cable assembly construction to industry standards
- Sub-assembly box builds & wiring loom assembly
- Experience of interacting with Hardware and system integration teams to understand test requirements
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings including parts lists, assembly drawings and publications
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation such as change requests, procedures and reports
- Experience of creating System Drawings e.g. Network and Wiring Diagrams
- Experience/familiarity with computer network technology
- Knowledge of SolidWorks CAD
- Experience of working within MoD programme frameworks
- Equipment Configuration Management
- Test Environment Management and Governance
- Experience with helicopter systems
- Electrical Engineering background
- Experience with Ethernet networking
- Expertise in MS office products
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Test Facilities Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that UK Security Clearance up to SC Level is required for the Test Facilities Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.