|Location: Chelmsford, Essex||Salary: £35000 - £37000 per annum + Ben's|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Ben Abbott||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Tooling Design Engineer
Essex: Commutable from, Romford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Harlow, and Southend
Salary - £33,000 - £36,000 depending on your experience.
I have a great opportunity for a Tooling Design Engineer to join a very successful and growing Electronics Technology company based in Essex. In this role you will get to work on unique projects customs only tothis comany
You will work closely with the production, development and Design Services teams providing accurate design for manufacture and assembly solutions. You will be required to work independently, being responsible for managing your own workload, creating jig and fixture assembly drawing BOMs.
You will form part of the mechanical design team that is situated within the Engineering Services group, other disciplines within Engineering Services include PCB Design, Numerical Modelling, Mechanical Design, Reliability Engineering, Model Shop and Documentation Control. You will be embedded within the Production Engineering function. This role will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of tooling, jigs and fixtures within the RF Power division.
Some of the main duties of the Tooling Design Engineer will include:
- Work closely with Product Group, Engineering Personnel, external suppliers to design new and enhance existing jigs, fixtures and tooling by applying Mechanical Design knowledge and skills
- Produce designs that meet technical, quality and safety requirements and are capable of cost-effective manufacture.
- Take a pivotal role in design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Development of TPM requirements for all CTQ features.
- Using MCAD to design/produce fully specified tooling drawings to ensure ease of manufacture & assembly
- Support the Purchasing department in the effective procurement of the optimum tooling.
- To act as a focal point, using 2D/3D CAD software to service the needs of Production and Production Engineering, ensuring good levels of communication and customer satisfaction
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in the field of Mechanical Design and MCAD and applying knowledge to develop new processes that will deliver process improvement.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE)
In order to be the successful Tooling Design Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Highly competent level of mechanical design knowledge and application (machining, sheet metal fabrication, joining techniques etc.)
- Proficient and proven knowledge and experience of jig, fixture and tooling design
- Highly Competent in technical draughting
- Highly proficient use of 3D and 2D CAD packages (PTC Creo and AutoCAD).
- Knowledge and experience of applying design and drawing standards (BS8888)
- Thorough understanding of material properties and the effects in design and their use
- Experience of product and document configuration management
- Disciplined approach and good communication skills
- Be proactive in seeking resolutions to problems
- Ability to effectively manage time and costs
- Ability to motivate self to carry out tasks efficiently and effectively and to track progress to deal with any issues as they arise
- Degree/H.N.C. or equivalent qualified in a mechanical engineering discipline
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Tooling Design Engineer to join a forward thinking organisation that is making all the right changes for the future. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.