|Location: Newport, City of Newport, Wales||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Permanent - Competitive Salary + Benefits
Treasury Accountant needed for a leading multinational defence organisation based in the Newport area who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Treasury Accountant that takes pride in their work.
The successful Treasury Accountant would be educated to degree level and a fully Qualified Accountant.
As a Treasury Accountant, you will be covering foreign exchange management responsibilities such as Fx rate management, Fx forecast reviews and supporting the company through the bid to contract process (including some export-finance services). Another key element of this role will be involvement in the RPA initiative and continuous improvement, ensuring the team is always striving to deliver a stronger and more robust service to our customers.
This role will provide you with the opportunity work as part of the Foreign Exchange Team liaising with various parts of the business supporting with unusual queries where no two days are the same
What the role of the Treasury Accountant entails:
Some of the main duties of the Treasury Accountant will include:
- Daily FX balancing (review)
- Database balancing
- Deal reconciliation
- FX rate management
- FX Hedge Management - calculation of temporary differences & management of accruals
- Business FX advice
- Bonds & Guarantees - advice, management & issue
- Balance sheet reconciliation support and advice
- KPI preparation
- Provide reporting packs for analysis
- IAS 39 activities
- Identify areas for continuous improvement
- Support RPA initiative
- Audit support (Internal/External/FCF)
- Payment/cheque/bank mandate signatory responsibilities
- DCRD management
What experience you need to be the successful Treasury Accountant:
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Experience of adhering to strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of various ERPs (SAP/Oracle/LN etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel skills
- High degree of numeracy
- Ability to operate in an evolving environment
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Treasury Accountant to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.