|Location: Chelmsford||Salary: £28000 - £38000 per annum|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Matt Henocq||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Verification and Test Engineer
My client generates world-leading technology critical for humankind, including vital components for radiotherapy machines and the imaging devices used in groundbreaking space missions.
Working across all stages of Space and Science projects for imaging devices and sub-systems, the Verification & Test Engineer, as the name implies, takes responsibility whenever a customer requirement needs to be verified or tested. This covers a wide range of hands-on, clean-room, and office-based engineering tasks relating to a variety of activities including electro-optical testing, electrical continuity testing, accelerated life testing, and mechanical stress testing.
Verification & Test Engineers work closely with their project teams and manufacturing operatives to deliver high quality devices that meet demanding customer specifications. The Verification & Test Engineer is responsible defining test flows, commissioning test equipment, verifying test capability, training operations personnel to perform testing, supporting production line testing, and the planning & verification of reliability test campaigns.
- On-time delivery and management of allocated work packages/tasks to the required standard
- Writing project documentation including test plans, procedures and test reports. Training Operations staff where necessary.
- Setting up, organising and validating tests in accordance with internal and customer specifications, including some scripting and coding.
- Performing technical investigations where necessary into failure modes and anomalous results.
- Supporting internal and customer meetings by presenting technical information and carrying out relevant actions
- Supporting teams outside of the Verification & Test Engineering Group, including Operations and Process Engineering
- Actively participating in ensuring that quality assurance practices are adhered to and maintained throughout the project lifecycle
- Supporting, helping to identify, and carrying out process improvement activities for both project-specific and more general processes.
Required Skills and Experience
- A physics or engineering related degree
- Understanding of semiconductor device physics
- Understanding of test development and fault finding
- Analysis skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.