|Location: Wandsworth||Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Walmisley||Job Published: 21 days ago|
VoIP Engineer - £45,000 - £50,000
Are you experienced in supporting a helpdesk? Do you want to work in an award-winning technology company? If you have the helpdesk knowledge and do want to be within a top technology business this role could be for you.
Looking at Network Engineers to support their customers with a variety of technical queries. Ideally you will have experience in Gamma and have a strong working knowledge of helpdesk on VoIP.
You will gain exposure to multiple technologies and have the chance to work with highly talented people that can help offer guidance to improve your skills.
- Troubleshooting and performing diagnostics issues in the company internal network
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve issues originating from external vendors
- Testing and providing solutions to end users
- Supporting and training junior engineers
- Working within SLAs and adhere to support processes
- Monitor systems proactively to reduce fault occurrences
- Maintain problem free Core network
- Upgrade network elements as and when needed
- Implement new functionalities in Core or Customer networks to improve performance
- 3+ years experience in VoIP sector is essential
- BSc Computer Science Degree or similar 2:1 or higher
- Routing protocols (BGP essential), good understanding of routing concepts
- Very good understanding of VLANs, trunking, Q-in-Q, TCP/IP, SIP, STP, DNS, DHCP
- Some VMWare virtualisation experience
- Experience of various Linux network tools and utilities
- Experience of troubleshooting WiFi issues is desired
- Good understanding of firewalls, how to configure them for various applications
- Network management systems, able to use the data to make informed decisions
- Bandwidth Management
- CCNA qualification is desired
- Experience on network troubleshooting tools such as wireshark
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good self learning skills and able to pick up new concepts quickly
- Strong analytical skills with proven problem solving ability
- Ability to work independently, and also in a team and communicate effectively
- Positive attitude and very punctual
- Willingness to be trained and learn new skills as required by the job role
- Experience of using service desk software / CRM systems
If you are an individual that wants to join a company that can offer true progression and invest into your career, then this role will be ideal.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.