|Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire||Salary: £28000 - £32000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Windows Server Administrator
Windows Server Administrator needed for a software house organisation based in Cheltenham who are looking to employ an experienced Windows Server Administrator to work in a 24x7 environment.
As a Windows Server Administrator you will be well versed with Windows Servers 2012 / 2016 / 2019
As a Windows Server Administrator you will be working on a rota basis 1 in 6 weeks as follows 8am - 4pm / 10am - 6pm with remote support from 6pm -8am and 6am - 8am.
You will receive an additional income for the on call rota.
The successful Windows Server Administrator will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
- Highly collaborative environment
- Inclusive culture
- Work-life balance focus, including o Flexible working schedules
- 25 days holiday per year with flex
- Wellness allowance to keep you active
- Sports and social events
- Special interest group sessions (with pizza)
- Open plan, relaxed and focused environment
- Casual dress
- Perkbox membership (discounts and freebies)
- Well stocked kitchen - free soda, tea, coffee, fruit
Some of the main duties of the Windows Server Administrator will include:
- Timely monitoring of the hardware and software running the clients web/app infrastructure
- Timely monitoring of dependent infrastructure (e.g. Provider quotes servers) & communications with technical partners to resolve problems
- Pro-active diagnosis & correction of faults identified plus liaison with the other internal IT teams to achieve fault resolution
- Responding, managing & active follow-up of any availability-related incidents
- Managing own work activities to cause minimum outage and maximise the clients service availability
- Monitor and report on current capacity and performance.
- Analyse reports and load test results to create action plans to meet future capacity and performance requirements.
- Complete any upgrades necessary - in a timely manner - to meet all capacity and performance requirements.
- Implement and operate all security controls as identified through best practice, internal process and security audit.
- Identify and report on security risks or security incidents and take appropriate steps to mitigate or resolve them.
- To follow correct security procedures and consider the security implications of any planned changes.
- Support the development and test teams in planning, implementation and troubleshooting of development releases.
- Validate development plans for risks and fitness of purpose.
- Provide supporting resource for development release activity.
- Provide support for the change configuration and release management process.
In order to be the successful Windows Server Administrator and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Windows server administration
- Web server administration
- Implementation & management of virtualised infrastructure
- Foundation PowerShell
- Linux administration
- SAN technologies
- Load-balancer technologies
- AWS experience
- Advanced scripting capabilities
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Windows Server Administrator to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.