|Location: Gloucestershire, England||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 13 days ago|
Wirer needed for an industry recognised Aerospace & Defence organisation based in Gloucestershire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Wirer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of IPC/WHMA 620, has the ability to interpret electrical wiring diagrams and has an awareness of the Tyco Codes of Practice.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Wirer will include:
- To manufacture harness assemblies using detailed drawings, wiring diagrams & manufacturing instructions. Read & interpret electrical specifications, drawings & circuit diagrams.
- Locate & repair faults in wiring systems in accordance with agreed processes
- To ensure that all build documentation is completed in accordance with company procedures
- To maintain training records in accordance with company procedure as evidence of work carried out
- To perform testing and inspection in accordance with the individual's scope of approval
- Work with the production engineering team to ensure all wiring processes are repeatable & stable & in accordance with the IPC standards.
- Complete all tasks in accordance with the relevant drawings, manufacturing instructions process sheets and specifications
- Review you job progress on an annual basis with the objective of achieving continuous improvement. You will need to adhere and contribute to the advancement of the Company Mission.
- Maintain awareness and attend training courses as applicable for the purpose of the Company and self-development Adhere at all times to Company Procedure
- To carry out any other duties as may be reasonably requested
- To assist in the training of other operators to help them achieve Approved Operator status.
What experience you need to be the successful Wirer:
- Through understanding of IPC/WHMA-A-620
- Have a working knowledge of the Tyco codes of practice in wire Assembly Electrical wiring diagrams & symbols
- Full understanding of the expectations and requirements of your primary customer Good level of numeracy and literacy
- Motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic
- Ability to work with fellow team members in a respectful and courteous manner
- Willingness to learn and be trained to the necessary standards and record and monitor progress using the appropriate business process
- Evidence of an eye test within the last 2 years and appropriate actions taken where required
- Already have, or willing to undergo BPSS security checks
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Wirer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
*Please note that eligibility for Security Clearance up to BPSS level is required for the Wirer position*
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.