|Location: Epsom||Salary: £25000 - £28000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Gautam Raval||Job Published: 20 days ago|
1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician
My prestigious financial services client based in Epsom, Surrey is recruiting for an 1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician to join their busy IT team supporting users within a SLA / ITIL driven environment.
This is a full-time onsite role adhering to Covid19 government guidelines and the IT Service Desk operate from 8am - 6pm, so you would be working between these hours (8-4 / 9-5 / 10-6) on a rota basis.
As an 1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician, you will be the first point of contact for all IT related issues and look to provide a suitable solution within a timely manner.
As an 1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician, you will have previous experience of supporting Windows 10 / Exchange / Office 365 / Active Directory (Password resets / adding users), working in a team within an IT service desk, adhering to SLA's, be used to using ticketing systems, password resets, software updates and software installation as well as hardware issues.
1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician Benefits:
- 22 days holiday + 8 Bank Holiday (Holiday's increase to 27, 1 additional day per year worked)
- Healthy contributed pension
- Training and development
- Access to a number of financial based products
- Dress down Fridays
1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician Responsibilities:
- Field incoming requests to the Service Desk via both telephone, e-mail, and ticketing system to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue as well as regular updates
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers
- Prioritise incidents, service requests and problems and escalate (when required) to the Supervisor
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and FAQ resources on the Internet/Intranet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organisation
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved
- Perform post-resolution follow ups to help requests
- Reinforce and adhere to timescales to manage end-user expectations
- Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties
- Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures
- Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Maintaining all health and safety aspects associated with Covid-19
1st Line IT Service Delivery Technician Essential Skills:
- Previous experience in a similar role as a 1st Line Support in an SLA, CSAT, ITIL driven environment
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10
- Working understanding of Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft O365
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of computing hardware, including PCs and laptops
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.