|Location: Crawley||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Walmisley|
2nd Line Engineer £32,000 - £38,000
Do you have experience working within IT support in an MSP environment? Do you have exposure to Azure and cloud-based technologies? If you do then this role will be ideal. Working with a large MSP based in Central London that are looking to expand their support team.
The ideal applicant will have experience working a 2nd line level within an MSP environment, where you have encountered many different technical support requests.
- Work closely with Team Leads/SDM or other engineers where 2nd line support is required.
- To support other engineers' technical needs, whilst at the same time ensuring that they are using their knowledge and skills to the maximum before the escalation of cases.
- To prioritise and manage many open cases at one time - multitasking.
- Be approachable and enthusiastic about transferring knowledge and be fully integrated and engaged in the service delivery team's working day.
- To develop and maintain records, prepare reports, and correspondence for escalated incidents.
- Keeping all assigned escalated ticket up to date and client communicated regularly.
- Making sure time is entered within ticket on the go when doing tickets
- Identify the root cause of the major incident and recommend the option to make sure it does not occur again.
- Responsible for creating an incident report/RCA report for TL/SDM review for clients.
- Lead and run to completion rollouts of proactive technologies across our client base to ensure reactive work is minimised and efficiency gains can be realised across the company.
- Responsible for increasing proactive score thus achieving the proactive objective.
- Responsible for problem management tickets and working with other Tier 2 engineer to get permanent resolution. Documenting this for Knowledgebase.
- Microsoft Azure VMs, VPNs, hybrid environments (including sync of directories)
- Microsoft Windows platforms in particular Windows 7-10
- Microsoft Server platforms - 2008-2016 (including core)
- Microsoft Office Versions and Exchange 2007-2016 / Office365
- Virtualization - Hyper-V / VMware
- Network infrastructure - routers, firewalls (SonicWALL), VLAN, WLAN (Meraki), QOS, routing
- Server monitoring, maintenance and remediation (in-depth Microsoft troubleshooting)
- Security platforms: antivirus (Webroot), OpenDNS, Qualys (vulnerability management), Sophos encryption/end point management
- Cloud email security systems : anti-spam, email archiving (Reflexion / Mimecast)
- Cloud file sync and share platforms : Drobox, Box, Soonr
- Phone systems (on premise / hosted) : VoIP troubleshooting and configuration management
- In-depth knowledge of ConnectWise, LabTech and other tools / platforms used by the business, recommended but not essential
- Backup system: Veeam and Shadow Craft
This is a great chance for a 2nd Line Engineer to join a growing MSP to further develop your career.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.