|Location: Helensburgh, Argyll & Bute||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Financial Services||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Currently looking for an Accountant to join a Global Aerospace, Defence, Security and Advanced Technologies company, based in Helensburgh.
All candidates must be eligible for Security Clearance to be considered for this position.
Some of the main duties of the Accountant will include:
- Developing and maintaining Programme Performance Management and Earned Value Management compliance within the agreed Business Rhythm. Including; Project Setup, Working package management, equivalent annual cost (EAC) Baselining & Forecasting, Variance Analysis and Project Closeout.
- Validation of all business EAC forecasts and a firm understanding of movements against established baselines, data review, maintenance of forecast integrity and confidence in the output and its explanation, actively participate in the monthly financial and commercial project review and close out.
- Competently talking about the performance of your responsible EAC forecasts in a variety of forums and across a variety of levels within the organisation.
- Supporting the production of any F&BO specific required Contractual Reporting (KPI Report, Customer Review Meeting inputs).
- Supporting Customer invoicing and dealing with any Customer queries.
- Conducting regular Performance Status Reviews with key stakeholders.
- Developing & maintaining a strong understanding of the Contractual Framework from which your responsible forecasts exist.
- Developing & maintaining forecasting linkage with the Project Scheduler and the associated Schedules.
- Some occasional travel may be required, potentially to the US, but not regularly
- As the Accountant, you will be reporting into the Finance Lead.
Skills and qualifications as a Accountant:
- AAT Level 4 qualification or Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- Have a working knowledge of how a Finance function operates within a business and the associated methodologies.
- Have a high level of competency with Microsoft office applications, Microsoft Excel in particular.
- Be a confident and strong communicator that is pro-active in their approach to delivering their outputs.
- Be able to work under minimal supervision
- A Qualified Practitioner, or working towards, a professional qualification in a Financial discipline and a desire to develop and apply qualifications.
- Understand Earned Value Management methodology.
- A Qualified Practitioner, or working towards, a professional qualification in a Project Management discipline (APM or equivalent) and a desire to develop and apply qualifications
- Working knowledge of how programme management function operates within a business.
Experience needed as the Accountant:
- We are happy to look at people with AAT Level 4 or a Degree in Finance/Accounting along with some industry experience.
- Ideally you will have some experience of Forecasting/Financial planning for projects or businesses.
You do not want to miss out so please apply asap as this vacancy will be filled quickly!