|Location: Horsham||Salary: £70000 - £75000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Simon Kiely||Job Published: 12 days ago|
Agile Delivery Lead
Horsham, West Sussex - Flexible Home Working
Agile Delivery Lead needed for a leading organisation based in Horsham, West Sussex who are looking to employ an experienced Agile Delivery Lead with an in-depth knowledge of Agile, building digital products, delivering products end-to-end, Software Development Lifecycle, and significant experience as an Agile Delivery Lead, Scrum Master or Technical Program Manager.
The successful Agile Delivery Lead will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: c£75,000 per annum
* 25 day's holiday
* Flexible working from home - expect to be in the office 1 or 2 days per week
Some of the main duties of the Agile Delivery Lead will include:
* Working across 2 scrum teams, you are responsible for the delivery of the team's work end-to-end. This covers everything involved in the product development lifecycle: supporting user story writing with the product owner, team backlog refinement, development implementation planning and execution through the scrum team, test planning and execution with the QA engineers in the team and ownership of deployment of the team's work.
* Using your deep understanding of the product requirements & the implementation approach, you are serving the teams in achieving their objectives. This will cover techniques such as story splitting, sequence diagramming, story point estimation facilitation, empirical product planning through velocity and capacity forecasting etc.
* You have your finger-on-the-pulse about achieving dev and test standards expected from the teams. By working closely with the engineering managers who define the standards, and by having a deep understanding of the work being implemented, you can evaluate the team's work on the user stories in the sprint, and draw upon coaching from the wider organisation to increase the team's maturity.
* Create and drive a collaborative culture of transparency & trust, acting as a servant-leader to your teams
* You will take ownership of impediments & issues, ensuring that they are transparent and resolved efficiently. Working closely with the engineering managers, you will ensure that the teams are unblocked and working as efficiently as they can.
* You will draw upon your knowledge of Lean, Agile, DevOps, to carry out coaching to improve the culture, ways of working & productivity for the teams you support
* Reporting on the progress of the team (sprint and team metrics) and the Epics / Programmes you support (epic, feature and delivery metrics)
In order to be the successful Agile Delivery Lead and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Significant experience in delivering products end-to-end in a similar technology stack:
o Front-end applications, integrated with APIs and Services, interconnected through a message bus technology, integrated with databases
o A strong and deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle - covering version control / Git, branching, integration, build and deployment
o An understanding of test automation and how it interacts with scrum teams
* Very comfortable talking about the high-level architecture of the product and can draw up a static / block diagram of the solution and sequence diagrams for how a story flows through the platform. (This will form part of the technical test in the interview process)
* Significant experience as an Agile Delivery Lead, Scrum Master or Technical Program Manager. This means you can:
o Plan and co-ordinate the delivery of Epics / Programmes, through multiple teams
o Facilitate high-quality scrum events (backlog refinement, sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives etc)
o Support Empirical Product Planning i.e. forecasting of delivery based on capacity and velocity and deliver reporting to senior stakeholders
* Deep understanding of Lean and Agile principles and frameworks, with a minimum of a basic Agile certification
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Agile Delivery Lead to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.