|Location: Cornwall, England||Salary: £20 - £26 per hour|
|Sector: Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Aaron Stone|
Aircraft Technician required to join one of the largest defence companies in the world. The Aircraft Technician will be working at RNAS Culdrose, the largest helicopter base in Europe.
The Aircraft Technician will need to have varied knowledge in Electrical / Electronics and Mechanical Engineering.
On offer for the Aircraft Technician is a 12 month contract that is offering a competitive rate of up to £26/hour. The Aircraft Technician is expected to work 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday on a shift pattern basis. The shift pattern covers hours from 6am to midnight. This role also includes 24/7 callout support on a roster basis to support the requirements on site (Shift allowance).
Duties of the Aircraft Technician include:
- Carry out mechanical systems routine inspections and servicing on the Mechanical System Trainers, Weapons Systems Trainer and Multi-Purpose Trainer to meet contracted KPI's.
- Monitor performance and scheduled maintenance of the MTF HVAC system.
- Carry out sheet metal and mechanical fabrication as required
- Ensure the timely resolution of all customer reported faults to minimise the impact upon the training schedule.
- Ensure the accurate collation of maintenance documentation.
- Maintenance of spares stockholdings plus associated records and interfacing with suppliers as necessary.
- Undertake refurbishment and upgrade work as tasked by the customer including the management of schedules and budget and interfacing with the end user.
- Maintain processes and procedures for the drawing office at RNAS Culdrose to BS308/BS8888:2006, DEF-STAN 05-10 Issues 4 & 5 standards.
- Co-ordinate and approve all approval of drawing office Change Requests for draft and issue level drawing content subsequent drawing work produced by CAD personnel.
- Liaise with CM, QA and Engineering for the certification of drawing sets.
- Maintain drawing borders, registry tool and family trees/BoM.
- Own, develop and maintain the Drawing Office data partition, software and hardware requirements.
- Support Modification engineering through design and production of upgrades to the Mechanical system Trainer, Weapons Systems Trainer and Multi-Purpose Trainer. Embody modifications to an aircraft standard.
- Research, Integrate and coordinate the Support Services Representative activities to ensure capture of modifications and other changes embodied to the aircraft fleet as relative to the training devices and curriculum.
- Advice and assist in Closed Loop Analysis as required to proactively reduce 'No Fault Founds' and facilitate continuous improvement
- Act as ESH Representative for the Trainer's CLS team in accordance with ESH CM 1.015
- Adhere to, engineering and logistics' Standards and Practices in accordance with ISO 9001, MAP 01, MAA MRP 4000 SERIES RA's, AP 100A-01 and JSP 883 where applicable
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with current Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) and Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) regulations.
- In addition the incumbent may be called upon to carry out any reasonable activities as required in support of the IMOS organisational objectives at RNAS Culdrose
The required skills for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline or previous experience in aircraft and/or equivalent engineering and systems maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Configuration Management and Drawing Office principles and practices.
- In depth knowledge of military rotary wing systems, airworthiness and safety responsibilities including support and role equipment.
- Working knowledge of military aircraft training system support and maintenance activity.
- Working knowledge of military supply chain management.
- Proven diagnostic skills and an understanding of systems engineering.
- Cognizant of Electrostatic Protection Area regulations and working practices when working with Electrostatic Sensitive Devices.
- Competence in the use of mechanical workshop machinery including metal and wood cutting tools.
The Aircraft Technician will need to be eligible for SC clearance to start with!!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.