|Location: England||Salary: £30000 - £50000 per annum + benefits|
|Sector: IT & Telecoms||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Francis|
Automation Test Engineer
Fully Remote Or London
THE PURPOSE OF THE Automation Test Engineer: The role is about utilising your Automation knowledge and experience to employ technical testing approaches within an agile development team. Drawing from a strong foundation in software engineering, your focus will be on building robust and flexible automated tests and following the engineering standards and best practices. It's about being an active member within a cross-functional team and enabling the rapid delivery of quality software to our customers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES of the Automation Test Engineer:
* Participating in scrum ceremonies and actively undertaking sprint tasks
* Utilising a BDD /ATDD approach to execute test plans and develop suitable test cases
* Following the testing processes and practices within an agile software development team
* Using a test-first approach to create automated unit, integration, acceptance and performance tests
* Partaking in training workshops and pairing sessions to improve yours and the team's capabilities
* Collaborating with Software Engineers to continuously improve the testability and robustness of the codebase
* Strong API experience
* Strong experience in maintaining and managing C# test suites
* Strong experience in designing, documenting, and implementing test frameworks in a service-oriented environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE of the Automation Test Engineer:
* You'll have background in test automation at a UI and API level and will have been working within an Agile and Microsoft stack (.NET) environment.
* You're used to building and maintaining automated test suites for enterprise applications.
* Adaptable and used to working in an ever-changing environment.
* You're proactive in your own development and have a drive to use the latest technologies.
* You'll most likely have a degree in a computer science, engineering discipline; or equivalent software testing experience along with experience working with Selenium, Postman, C#, DevOps CI/CD.
* It would great if you have experience with Cloud Technologies (particularly Microsoft Azure),
Micro-services or Service Oriented Architectures, experienced with SQL or NoSQL databases and writing and executing queries
* Knowledge of the Software development lifecycle
* Have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas to all different types of people in the software development lifecycle
* Have the curiosity to think of a range of approaches that could be used to break the software
* Passion for collaboration and enthusiasm for building good team dynamics
TOOLS: variety of test tools and automation frameworks (TFS, MTM, SpecFlow, Selenium WebDriver, Azure DevOps
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.