|Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire||Salary: £12 - £20 per hour|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Sam Davies|
Avionic Technician needed for a multinational defence organisation based in Salisbury who are looking to employ an experienced Avionic Technician with an in-depth knowledge of Aeronautical Engineering.
The successful Avionic Technician will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will receive a very competitive rate of £14-£20 per hour.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Avionic Technician will include:
* Carries out maintenance and repair tasks on aircraft and aircraft components within trade specialisation
* Works within competencies and authorisations as agreed with department management
* Is supervised by an appropriate Task Manager / Chargehand, works within limits of instructions given by that supervisor, and advises him/her of any matters arising outside the agreed parameters
* Ensures approved tools and equipment provided is used for the proper purpose and applies local Tool Control regime
* Conducts peer training when required, within competency range
* Each work area will have specific Health & Safety, Quality and Security instructions and protocols, ensures app applicable aspects are observed on task
* Works flexibly when given work within competency and experience
* Completes accurate Resource Recording returns within local time limits
* Flexible and adaptable to rapidly changing customer requirements
What you need to be the successful Avionic Technician:
In order to be the successful Avionic Technician and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
* Experience of systems design, integration & test.
* An understanding of Systems from concept through to delivery.
* Knowledge and understanding of Radar Systems
* Experience of working on product development for Naval / Marine Platforms.
* Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment.
* Knowledge of the whole product lifecycle (concept generation, concept demonstration, development, production and in-service support).
* Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols. (e.g. RS485, RS232, TCP-IP, Canbus etc.)
* Ideally qualified to Degree level or in Engineering/Mathematics/Physics although relevant, equivalent experience is acceptable
Must be eligible for Security Clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Avionic Technician to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.