|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery||Type: Temporary|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 26 days ago|
2 Year FTC
Bid Manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Bid Manager with an in-depth knowledge of managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations and contract closure, achieving performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives, and the Space/Defence Industry.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Bid Manager will include:
- Managing execution of and transition between all phases, including bid decision, proposal development, negotiations, award, start up, execution, sustainment, and contract closure.
- Where justified by the opportunity size delegating capture and project management responsibilities to selected team members.
- The development/updating of the Statement of Work (SOW), WBS, WBS Dictionary, IMP.
- Establishing and maintaining approved plans, technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines
- Developing and agreeing Works Authorization (WADs) in line with the baseline.
- Ensuring the scope description clearly defines the work in sufficient detail such that the planning adequately reflects the work to be accomplished within budget and schedule requirements.
- Establishing clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the team.
- Preparation, maintenance and updating resourcing plans and engage with resource owners to ensure the team is staffed with the skills and experience to meet the objectives.
- Achieving performance, cost, schedule, quality, revenue, and profit objectives.
- Where required implementing a Programme Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles. Ensuring that EVM requirements are flowed down to subcontractors if applicable.
- Implement a risk and opportunity management plan and process.
- Ensuring the application of quality management processes.
- Determining schedule status of all active work packages on a monthly basis at least.
- Where applicable determining the earned value status for all active work packages.
- Generation, analysis and review of Estimate-At-Completion on a monthly basis, taking into account the impact of cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Coordinating schedule and cost variance issues and implementing corrective action plans.
- Reviewing and approving performance data and schedule progress according to the established business rhythm at least monthly.
- Ensuring independent assessment of proposal and project progress and performance.
- Compliance to processes and procedures.
- Leading and managing the assigned team to successfully deliver the objectives.
- Identify, address and resolve conflicts.
- Managing the stakeholders according to their interests and influences.
- Understanding the Customer's needs, values and affordability expectations.
- Translating Positioning-To-Win (PTW) goals into timely integrated design targets.
- Formulating the LM Team's solution, program baseline and integrated work products.
- Meeting the Capture Team's integrated design targets and financial returns.
- Supporting the Ampthill business development function in identifying new opportunities and supporting their development into viable pursuits
What you need to be the successful Bid Manager:
In order to be the successful Bid Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Current and relevant experience in the project management delivery of ESA projects as either an ESA Prime LSI or key sub-system sub-contractor with a demonstrable understanding of ESA operating practices, specific project requirements and ability to work with and influence ESA Project management practice.
- Space Project management and delivery skills.
- Experienced in delivering successful Space Projects in a corporate environment.
- Frequent, current, interaction with senior leaders and proven record of shaping/influencing financial/strategic decision making.
- Strong leadership attributes
- Must be eligible for Security Clearance
Desired skills and experience are as followed:
- Degree in Engineering or Project management discipline
- APMP/APMPQ or similar
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Bid Manager position must have obtained or be eligible for Security Clearance up to SC level.