|Salary: £30 - £38 per hour + INSIDE IR35
|Contact: Jack Pleon
You will be part of the Concepts and Technology team working closely with finance, commercial, Future Systems and technical functions. As well as taking the lead on bids into frameworks, you will also provide assistance to other Win Team Leads in the Concepts and Technology and wider UK S&BD teams as appropriate. A key part of your role will be interfacing with internal colleagues, UKMoD and the nominated framework providers with whom you will be expected to develop and maintain effective and enduring relationships. For some bids you will have the opportunity to form collaborative teams with industrial partners and academia.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Bid Officer will include:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to plan ahead. Bid or project management experience is desirable
- The drive to create momentum and excitement within bid teams and obtain commitment to deliver timely outputs
- An appetite to provide constructive inputs to enable continued improvements to bids, frameworks etc.
- Business development experience is not a pre-requisite for this role
- Experience of working in teams. While not essential, it would be beneficial if you have experience of managing small teams.
- Very good communication skills
- An interest in and a level of understanding of technologies is beneficial although not a pre-requisite
What experience you need to be the successful Bid Officer:
You will need to be energetic, enthusiastic and organised as you will often be managing several bids simultaneously, often in tight timescales. You will require very good communication skills and will need to be committed to building relationships and working with knowledgeable and experienced colleagues to achieve timely and high quality outputs. You will be responsible for allocating and managing tendering spend, tracking bid progress and submits compelling, competitive and winning bids. Through close working with others you will be contributing to shaping and influencing business strategy on key concepts and technologies for the future.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Bid Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
If you are interested in applying for this Bid Officer position you must eligible for UK security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.