|Location: Helensburgh||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 11 days ago|
Business Operations Manager
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Business Operations Manager will include:
The F&BO Manager will be responsible for providing financial and commercial advice across the business to the achieve objectives and Business strategy. This will include providing financial, commercial and contractual advice and guidance to members of the F&BO team, Programme Managers, Capture Teams, and the Leadership Team. Responsible for pricing and costing policy and controls, ensuring related management processes are defined and the Business is complying with the processes and procedures. This will include ensuring Quality Control process and audit periodicity are followed by the staff. The candidate must be familiar with UKIS financial processes and procedures to enable meaningful customer interface on audits and meeting reporting requirements, as well as dialogue with other divisions in the UK, the U.S., and worldwide to facilitate the furtherance of business interests.
- Recruitment, training & development, performance management and all aspects of people management;
- Ability to manage in a demanding environment, with close, integrated working with the customer;
- Pricing of proposals for new and follow on business for the Strategic Systems business unit;
- Includes management of and advocacy for the supplier data analysis and cost modelling performed by cost engineering;
- Analysis and agreement of the forward pricing rates with MOD auditors, including:
- Management of the workload forecasting and overhead budgeting processes
- Analysis and agreement of QDC / non QDC rates with MOD auditors
- Management associated business unit reports in compliance with requirements
- Leadership of the planning and reporting for New Business Capture funding streams.
- Contract and subcontract management, procurement and back office support to the business
- Additional Responsibilities include;
- Ad-hoc activities in support of business in the UK and worldwide as required.
- Effective communicator and confident presenter
- Professional Accounting and/or Commercial qualification
- People management and team leadership
- Advanced MS Office Tools capability, with an emphasis on Excel and Power-point.
- Financial Control and Reporting
- Contract & Sub-Contract management experience.
- Experience of operating within a Business Growth environment
- Financial reporting systems and Statutory Reporting
- Contract management within the Defence Industry
- Customer Engagement
- Pre and post-sale activity introducing and managing new contracts within a business
Team of 10 in the Finance & Business Operations department who this position would directly line manage as the F&BO Manager and would report into the Head of F&BO.
This role would best suit a head of or deputy head of finance/commercial from a Small/Medium sized Business where due to the size of the company they are required to be fairly hands and have involvement in many areas that involve financial skills such as Fiance, Commercial, Supply chain/subcontracting of services, purchasing, business development/bid pricing etc. This is only likely to happen in small businesses as in larger businesses each of these areas would be their own department and managed separately.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Business Operations Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.