|Location: Rugby||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Space, Technology||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jeremy Farley|
Job Title: Buyer
Duration: 6 Months
Hourly Salary: £DOE (Inside IR35)
***Please Note - Applicants must be UK Nationals***
Key Skills: Buyer, Engineering, manufacturing, Parts, Cost, Orders, Stakeholder, Supply Chain, SAP, Negotiation, Engineering, Aerospace, Invoicing, Quality
An experienced Buyer is required to play a key role in accessing the supply base for the best place to buy parts. You will undertake supplier assessments, RFQ work and manage suppliers to deliver on time, to cost and quality requirements. As a Buyer you will also be responsible for maintaining tracking systems, alerting management when orders have been filled and invoices from vendors have been issued. Answering vendor / internal stakeholder questions and providing them with additional documentation as needed is also required. The successful candidate for this position has experience in the manufacturing industry and a strong understanding of supply chain management concepts.
So, what will you be doing as a Buyer?
- Manage the supply base, select the appropriate supplier, and transact to deliver product.
- Work with Material Planning team to receive requestions. Undertake RFQ work, access, and place Purchase Orders to meet project milestones.
- Manage the suppliers through their manufacturing plan to deliver on time and to cost. Ensuring that they meet all quality requirements, including documentation.
- Work with multifunctional stakeholders, to address issues and report out status against key deliverables.
- Update and maintain SAP with data and manage delivery dates and invoices once product has been delivered.
- Escalate and make transparent problems where necessary.
- Obtain best value for money prior to purchase order placement. Raise purchase orders in line with requisitions requirements.
- Deliver a weekly purchase order report to management that indicates the vendor invoice number for all closed purchase orders.
- Work with the Material Planning team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
- Work with stakeholders to deliver parts and quality documents to fulfil order requirements.
- Manage the suppliers against timing schedules, identify risks to plan and expedite where necessary.
What are we looking for in our next Buyer?
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Demonstrable years of sourcing and procurement experience with in-depth experience in complex projects.
- Strong negotiation
- Self-starter with drive, able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment.
- Experience on SAP, Microsoft packages.
- Experience within the defence or power industry related products.
- Interpersonal skills, managing and communicating to people and reporting status and issues.
- Have developed supply chains.
My client is keen to get this position filled ASAP, so if you feel you have the skills and desire to provide passion and drive as the next Buyer, this is the opportunity for you!
So, if you are interested in joining a well-established, renowned, globally recognised organisation working with experts in their field as the next Buyer, hit that apply button now!
Security Clearance (SC) or eligibility to gain is required to be considered for this vacancy
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.