|Location: West London||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Zak Mendoza||Job Published: 28 days ago|
Chief Engineer needed for a globally recognised Defence organisation based in Middlesex who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Chief Engineer with demonstrable and significant experience in line management and resource management of multi-disciplinary teams, technical depth and credibility in the areas of information assurance, cyber-security, Government communications security systems and products and possess a track-record of delivering large, complex development programmes to budget and schedule.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Chief Engineer will include:
- Provision of line management, resource management, and technical leadership for large group of multi-disciplinary engineers to ensure that all employees are actively developed, and suitably skilled resources are applied to all development programmes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that engineering deliverables are made on time, to budget and are of suitable functionality and quality.
- Support to continuous improvement in engineering capability in terms of people, practices, tools and technology.
- Support to managing the engineering processes across all businesses and ensures they are fit for purpose, meet the required legislative standards, and pass both internal and external audits.
- Provides strategic direction to the department: defines and delivers progressive technical roadmap that supports business needs; manages PV budget and developments to cost and schedule; works to ensure that all development activities (funded and PV) support the technical roadmap as far as possible.
- Supports bids and proposals with technical resource - provides clear and compelling technical proposals and accurate estimates of cost for all engineering activities.
- Support to ensuring all IA development is compliant with relevant internal and external processes and legislation, supports associated audits in this regard, minimising and closing non-conformances.
- Support to managing the engineering facilities (i.e. secure development and test labs) such that they are safe and adequate to support development needs
- Provides the senior technical relationship with customers, suppliers and other external bodies; uses this to constructively further the company's strategic and programmatic aims.
- Constructively represents the engineering function both within the business unit and in wider business activities as necessary (e.g. at Business Reviews, Cost and Pricing meetings, Bid go/no-go decisions, Contract Acceptance meetings etc.) Provides clear, accurate and helpful input to inform decisions taken.
- Manages security of information as defined in the Security Manual.
What experience you need to be the successful Chief Engineer:
Demonstrable and significant experience in line management and resource management of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent people management and development skills.
- Technical depth and credibility in the areas of information assurance, cyber-security, Government communications security systems and products.
- Track-record of delivering large, complex development programmes to budget and schedule.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Chief Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to DV level is required for the Chief Engineer position
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.