|Location: Gosport, Hampshire||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Joe Tomkins|
CNC 3 Axis Programmer
CNC 3 Axis Programmer required, working with one of the UK's largest defence / maritime companies, working on a number of exciting state of the art projects.
This is a great opportunity for a CNC 3 Axis Programmer to expand your knowledge with a global leader, working with aerospace and marine grade materials.
Ideally candidates will have experience using a range of CNC machining equipment including CNC Milling, Turning and Programming, within 3 Axis.
To apply for this exciting permanent opportunity, candidates must be eligible for UK SC Clearance.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver:
- Involved in creating complex CNC programmes and setup notes
- Review design data and technical information, identify any restraints (i.e. conflicting data/information) to the team leader, recommend solutions and ensure actions are carried out to meet deadlines
- Responsible for maintenance and storage off all CNC programmes
- Work to departmental key performance indicators
- Effective management of own time in accordance with work demand.
Knowledge & Skills required for CNC 3 Axis Programmer:
- Ability to work with all types of materials including Aerospace & Marine grade materials
- Ability to use a range of machining equipment both manual and CNC 3 Axis Milling & Turning
- Candidates must have a good level of experience in 3 Axis CNC Milling
- Turning programming experience an advantage
- Ability to programme CNC machines within machine shop (On and offline programming)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and customer sketches
- Ideally have experience programming/operating CMM (Revo2 - Renishaw)
- Ability to find Mechanical Engineering solutions to non-standard problems and problems outside area of own expertise
- Working in a safe manner and ensuring the safety of others
- Openly share experiences and information within the team in relation to tooling and how to complete various tasks
- Adhering to good housekeeping within the work area
- Using substances under COSHH regulations
- Reporting serviceability of workshop or service equipment to the team leader if defects identified
- Openly & honestly communicating with other areas, including, but not limited to: Other Manufacturing Teams, Design, Instrumentation, Facilities, Naval Architects and Analysists.
- Complete manufacturing activities to relevant procedures, standards, methods and process sheets
To apply for this exciting CNC 3 Axis Programmer position please press 'apply now'.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.