|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £50000 - £65000 per annum + + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Jack Pleon||Job Published: 28 days ago|
- Leading and directing negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the Company, and maximising profit
- Specific responsibility for a portfolio of contracts
- Liaising with the Value Stream colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a speedy response to enquiries likely to lead to contract award
- Managing the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
- Identifying and addressing contract changes, and settling all liability issues affecting operations, as they arise
- Providing advice to the value stream on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve their business objectives
- Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
- Ensuring compliance with Divisional and Cobham Corporate Frame Work and Contract Policy
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
- Operate in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including of potential threats
- Has experience of managing commercial risk
- Creates an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved
- Has a high level of gravitas and commands respect
- Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a senior level
- Degree calibre with 10 years relevant experience
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector
- Knowledge and experience of identifying, vetting and managing Intermediaries and Advisors.
- Knowledge of the contract development process, contract terms and conditions is a prerequisite for this role
- Experience of UK MoD and export contracting is ideal
- Experience of managing the commercial elements of complex and challenging projects through the full development lifecycle.
- Commercial infrastructure in place to support Value Stream needs
- Regular reviews of contracts with customers are completed in accordance with agreed programme
- Ensuring the management of current contracts, confidentiality agreements and consultancy agreements is in place
- Ensuring contracts entered into are well understood and represent an appropriate balance of risk and reward for the business
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to SC level is required for the Commercial Manager position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.