|Location: Bournemouth, Dorset||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Alex Spraggett|
Commercial Manager needed for a leading aerospace company, who are based in Bournemouth. They are looking to employ an experienced Commercial Manager who has experience of managing commercial risks ideally within Aerospace, Defence or High Technology. Also, the desired candidate will have intuition and be able to strategically think to make good judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including potential threats. My client would love the candidate to have commercial bid-oriented experience and service delivery and service contracts experience.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Leading and directing negotiations on contractual Terms and Conditions with new and existing customers, minimising liability for the Company, and maximising profit
- Specific responsibility for a portfolio of contracts
- Liaising with the Value Stream colleagues and customers during the preparation of bids and quotations to ensure a speedy response to enquiries likely to lead to contract award
- Managing the Company Tender Vetting and Contract Acceptance approvals
- Identifying and addressing contract changes, and settling all liability issues affecting operations, as they arise
- Providing advice to the value stream on the best commercial practices to be adopted to achieve their business objectives
- Summarising key Terms and Conditions, risk and reward for presentation to broader audiences
- Ensuring compliance with Divisional and the companies Corporate Frame Work and Contract Policy
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
- Operate in accordance with the SHE Technical standards. Identify where the SHE
- Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
What you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
In order to be the successful Commercial Manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Combines experience, intuition and strategic thinking to make considered judgements about the overall impact on the business and people, including of potential threats
- Has experience of managing commercial risk
- Creates an environment in which issues are recognised, accepted and resolved
- Has broad business awareness enabling an appropriate contribution at a senior level
- Proven relevant experience gained in a commercial discipline in a high-tech industry, ideally within the aerospace/defence/manufacturing sector
- Knowledge and experience of identifying, vetting and managing Intermediaries and Advisors.
- Commercial Bid oriented experience
- Experience of service delivery/ service contracts.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
To apply for the Commercial Manager role, you need to be eligible for SC security clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.