|Location: Oxfordshire, England||Salary: £70000 - £90000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Commercial manager needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Oxfordshire. They're looking to employ an experienced Commercial manager who will be responisiable for the contract creation, negotiation and management for new bids and existing bids. For existing bids they will be maintaining the contract and developing them. Making sure we are managing the risks to the business. Contract creation with new customer and supply chain management and creation with existing suppliers or new suppliers.
The successful Commercial manager will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
- Salary: £70,000 - £90,000 per annum
- 25 day's holiday
- Contributed pension
- Career Progression
- Life assurance
- And many more!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial manager will include:
- Provide commercial guidance and advice to management, finance and engineering teams; acting as prime point of contact for commercial matters for MOD and other customers' contracts.
- Management of contracts and procurement teams within the business.
- Support and lead as required, programme meetings, contractual change control process, general contractual communications and provide support and guidance to the programme team(s).
- Lead Commercial resource within the UK for Space related Business Development.
- Lead the process to drive commercial/ contract proposals in response to all Customer and potential Customer requests.
- Minimise commercial risk exposure to the company through negotiating contract terms and conditions; creating commercial strategies for applying to bids and contracts as appropriate.
- Experience of briefing commercial risks and mitigation strategies to senior management.
- Commercial and sub-contract management lead for the business, liaising with respective responsible company managers for the contracts as required.
- Liaise with the wider Corporation, both UK and US, for commercial reporting, approvals and contributing to the development of an integrated commercial function across the business.
What you need to be the successful Commercial manager:
In order to be the successful Commercial manager and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Experience of managing customer relationships as a commercial lead
- Experience of strong negotiation and contract administrative skills
- Ability to brief complex commercial issues to senior management together with mitigation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to apply them within the team, customer, partners and managers
- Comprehensive insight into MOD defence contracting with experience of handling DEFCONS and other contract terms
- Knowledge of current MOD-DE&S contract policy
- Knowledge of UK Government policies and practices
- Experience in bid/ capture teams
- Knowledge of Single Source Regulations
- Experience of service delivery-based contracts
- Experience of technology based contracts
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.