|Location: Farnborough||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Nick Taylor||Job Published: 20 days ago|
Commercial Manager needed for a leading defence systems & electronics organisation based in Farnborough who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Commercial Manager that takes pride in their work.
The successful Commercial Manager would desirably be educated to degree level, or equivalent professional/vocational qualification. Experience wise, we desire a candidate who has dealt within the defence/military sector, ideally engaging with government defence departments (MoD, DoD) directly. You will be responsible for providing commercial management of contracts across all business units, managing multiple contracts and relationships from multi-year, multi-million pound development or service contracts, to sale of products, spares and support.
If you have experience within an international market, dealing with export & import contracts this is highly desirable!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Manager will include:
- Evaluating customer enquiries and Invitations to tender, identifying commercial requirements, preparing and publishing responses in order to gain approval for submission of responses in line with the published Commercial Authority Matrix.
- Drafting accurate contract documentation and agreements (joint venture, partnership, confidentiality, consultancy etc.) in a timely manner to meet business needs.
- Negotiating and finalizing contracts with UK/overseas commercial customers and with UK Ministry of Defence (MOD).
- Provide clear guidance on the flow-down of contract conditions to sub-contractors in order to support the Procurement function to mitigate commercial business risk
- Advising Programme Managers on all contractual aspects to deliver programmes in a cost effective manner.
- Identifying and managing/mitigating commercial risks through appropriate mechanisms and proactive contract administration.
- Protecting the interests of the business by ensuring appropriate records of all commercial matters are kept, including: formal documentation; informal supporting evidence; records of customer liaison; and ensuring adequate records of meetings of note are retained and circulated to interested parties.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Operating Manual and Commercial guidelines.
- Manage security of information as defined in the Security manual.
What experience you need to be the successful Commercial Manager:
- Significant experience in contract negotiation and the commercial management of supply contracts, post design services, integrated logistics support and installation for both UK and overseas customers.
- Significant experience of drafting, analysing and modifying Terms & Conditions for Sale or Purchase, including identification of commercial risk within terms and identifying, implementing mitigation strategies.
- Significant experience of building relationships with customers, partners and other stakeholders, and all levels of the business.
- Working knowledge of the financial implications of Proposals & Contracts; Payments Terms, Payments Plans and cash flow.
- Proficient in the use of office software; word processing, spreadsheets, ERP/Contract administration, Project Planning.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
In order to apply, candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain UK SC Clearance.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.