|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £47 - £55 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Bradley Lamb|
Commercial Officer (contract)
Contract Duration: 9 months
Rate: £47-55 Per Hour
Commercial Officer needed for a leading Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with the below.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Commercial Officer will include:
- Understanding of Supply Chain best practice.
- Undertaking contract execution on allocated procurements whether subcontract, commodity, or complex material purchases.
- Achieving on time delivery, to meet contractual quantity, quality, and technical requirements.
- Providing support to ensuring appropriate terms and conditions are specified and adhered to within the contract.
- Supporting the compilation, issuing and managing a range of proposals to include RFQ's, and RFP's through to contract award/amendment, taking the lead where required.
- Lead and manage a range of procurements from simple to complex including design/drawing control, delivery and warranty.
- Assisting in ensuring successful completion of design, development, delivery, warranty and contract closeout.
- Support negotiations with suppliers to ensure best-value is achieved.
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships.
- Managing and configuration control of the subcontract and associated documentation.
- Undertaking all relevant transactional activities in SAP.
- Work with commercial colleagues to ensure mandatory flow down conditions are managed, and to assess risk and opportunities for cost savings and schedule improvements.
What you need to be the successful Commercial Officer:
In order to be the successful Commercial Officer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Demonstrated success in managing medium to high complexity subcontracts to meet contractual requirements.
- Procurement and financial control experience.
- Understanding of contract terms.
- Capable of operating to tight schedules in a dynamic work environment.
- A team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, determined and committed.
- Data literate with strong analytical skills.
- Experience of facilitating solutions.
- Flexibility to travel as required.
- Experience in working in multi-functional organisations.
- Experience in the various phases of the product lifecycle from proposal capture, programme start-up, development, production ramp-up, sustainment and end-of-life.
- A relevant Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or degree in Business/Scientific/Technical discipline.
- The ability to present information succinctly at senior internal and external meetings.
- CIPs qualified or working towards a suitable qualification.
- Flexibility to work at different levels of sub contract complexity (off the shelf, build to print, MOTs, and design to statement of work)
- Will also consider individuals with equivalent experience / combined education.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Officer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.