|Location: Town of Waddington, Saint Lawrence, New York||Salary: TBC ON APPLICATION|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Jack Pleon|
Defence Intelligence Engineer
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Defence Intelligence Engineer will include:
UK Defence Intelligence plans to use the Engineering Delivery Partner framework to rationalise several contracts that provide specialist technical support in the Cyber and Electro-Magnetic Activities, Mission Data, and Intelligence domains.
The aim is to streamline the number of contracts and access engineering support through the provision of a bespoke Service, which provides a standardised, high pace approach to rapidly progress requirements through the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle and react with the appropriate pace to changing operational needs and demands. DI needs a route to market that enables a more responsive approach to delivering current requirements and the ability to contract for additional requirements as they arise, thereby reducing the admin burden and achieving value for money.
The Joint Electronic Warfare Operational Support Centre delivers operational support, including mission data, intelligence, and information, to UK Joint Forces, international partners, and UK industry. Several functions within the JEWOSC require Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel to operate in dedicated roles to deliver specialist engineering advice, analysis, and support.
- Qualified and experienced AGILE practitioner or equivalent
- Product Management
- Strong Leadership presence
- Experienced in Engineering Management
- Articulate the technical scope of the project to stakeholders, with strong communicational skills
- Interpersonal, stakeholder management and team building skills.
- Efficient management of people, resources and workflow
- Ability to integrate with cross-functional teams
- Broad technical understanding and aptitude
- Development of a Product Roadmap
- Experience steering subcontractors and ensuring value for money
- Experience of working within Information Rich, EW Mission Systems environments, with experience of EW databases, information exchanges and processes.
- Flexible approach to tasking, able to take on multiple projects or tasks in potentially a variety of stages of development i.e. concept development, requirements capture, design, delivery, verification and validation.
- Hold DV current clearances.
What you need to be the successful Defence Intelligence Engineer:
In order to be the successful Defence Intelligence Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
The JEWOSC requires specialist support via provision embedded with the JEWOSC, owing to the specialist and protectively -marked nature of the subject and the highly-influential and nodal nature of the role. The SQEP will be required to work primarily at RAF Waddington but the role will be mobile, requiring varying amounts of travel to Bristol and the prime contractor.
- Providing a Business perspective for all day-to-day solution development decisions
- Contributing business relevant technical input to all requirements, design and review sessions
- Developing and maintain a prioritised backlog of user stories to define, test and implement the solution
- Engaging with stakeholders across the whole stakeholder community, involving them as needed and getting their endorsement
- Providing day-to-day leadership to development activities, offering assurance that the solution is evolving correctly
- Organising and controlling business acceptance testing of the solution
- Taking responsibility for the creation of the user and support documentation for the delivered solution
- Ensuring business participants in the solution are properly trained and supported
- Controlling the information flow between the programme stakeholders and the solution development teams
- Ensuring all work is done within the financial, commercial and scheduling constraints
- Overseeing the developing solution and raise issues to the technical coordinator or technical advisors as required
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Defence Intelligence Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that eligibility for UK security clearance up to DV level is required for the Defence Intelligence Engineer position.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.