|Location: Swindon||Salary: Negotiable|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Simon Cowley|
My client is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Their mission is to enable their customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
They are currently recruiting for an EHS Specialist (Environment, Health & Safety) based at their rapidly growing Swindon site.
As the lead contact for a new suite which will include the COVID-19 vaccine production, the EHS Specialist will manage EHS compliance and engage with key stakeholders to meet site KPIs, providing generalist advice to the site.
What will you do?
- Instil a compliant and proactive culture within different business areas
- Provide timely and credible generalist EHS advice
- Ensure departmental on-time compliance through tools such as EHS gemba walks, audits, Maturity Matrix, SHED, IDHammar, Success Factors, Documentum, huddles, reports etc.
- Deputise for the EHS Manager and their deputy in their absence when required
- Lead the Company's fire management programme and coordination of fire plans
- Lead the Company's asbestos management and survey programme;
- Lead the Company's lock-out tag-out (LOTO), electrical safety and work at height (WAH) programmes;
- Lead the company display screen assessment (DSE) / ergonomics programme.
- Develop and deliver training, workshops and briefing sessions to support the business
- To assist the EHS manager in the development, accreditation to, maintenance and continual improvement of an integrated EHS management system particularly in relation to ISO 14001;
- Participate and contribute to 14001 or 45001 ISO audits and other third-party audits such as Corporate, FM Global insurance etc.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (pass in all modules) (Essential)
- Experience with health and safety systems, e.g. risk assessments, incident reporting, emergency planning and response in any regulated hazardous environment (Essential)
- Scientific Degree (Preferred)
- First hand pratical experience of a dynamic manufacturing environment (desirable)
- Environmental qualification (Desirable)
- Fire management qualifications (Desirable)
- Experience in environmental and waste management systems (Desirable);
- Experience with design reviews, HAZOP or FMEA including ATEX / DSEAR elements (Desirable);
- Experience with industrial hygiene monitoring programmes, including APIs (Desirable);
- ISO14001 experience (or 18001/45001) (Desirable);
- Experience in delivering training to internal stakeholders (Desirable);
- Auditing and investigation experience (Desirable);
- Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work to critical timelines in a fast-moving environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- This role will involve up to 25% intersite travel including Milton Park Site, therefore a driving licence is required.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.