|Location: London, Greater London, England||Salary: + Benefits|
|Sector: Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Adrienne Kettlewell||Job Published: about 1 month ago|
Electrical Associate - Critical Systems
Critical Systems Engineering - Electrical
Locations - London, Birmingham, Manchester
Our dedicated Critical Systems team play a key role in making buildings more energy efficient, sustainable and cost effective to operate. The team works solely in the data centre field, keeping abreast of current best practice while researching breakthrough technologies that shape future trends.
As a leader in this market, we were one of the first consultancies to design air optimised data centres and are at the forefront of this cooling strategy, which has resulted in attaining the first ever BREEAM 'Outstanding' rating awarded to a data centre and significantly contributed to others achieving LEED 'Good', or even targeting 'Platinum' status.
The team are a source of world leading expertise - and offer a pro-active and collaborative approach to skill development, and professional excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and client focused electrical engineer to join our critical systems team in London, and to play a leading role in ensuring the successful delivery of innovative electrical design solutions for some of the most notable and large scale data centre projects in the world.
You will collaborate within our critical systems team and work closely with colleagues of various disciplines to manage the delivery of technically excellent and profitable projects.
The role will include managing engineers to deliver designs, keeping an eye on fee and programme, checking designs and communication with the wider project / client team. You will be expected to be involved within the design process and produce design deliverables when required.
You will develop new and nurture existing client relationships that maximise satisfaction and ensure repeat business and will use your wealth of expertise and determination to manage, motivate and inspire less experienced engineers.
You will also support, and be supported by, senior management staff within the team.
- A Chartered Engineer OR educated to degree level in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering (MEng or BEng).
- Atleast x6 years significant experience in an electrical engineering role within the electrical engineering design field, preferably in a data centre/critical systems context.
- Ideally, you will have some experience in the data centre field including an understanding of the principals of data centre design and delivery.
- In your most recent position, you have consistently demonstrated your ability to manage multiple large-scale projects and less senior engineers to deliver to, and exceed, client expectations.
You have proven ability in producing schematic diagrams, preparing specifications and project reports, carrying out site inspections and surveys, detail design development as well as lead project meetings. Through this experience, you can support your project teams to design and develop detailed and accurate designs.
Essential traits for the successful candidate include:
- the ability to take ownership for tasks
- the capacity to think around problems and help guide the team towards solutions
- be an organised and confident communicator with excellent client facing skills.
Our established critical systems team has a wealth of experience and existing clients as well as an excellent project pipeline. This is a great place to develop your skills and experience within a supportive team atmosphere.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.