|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Portsmouth - Hybrid Working
£40,000 - £50,000 Depending on Experience + Benefits
Electrical Engineer needed for a leading defence and security organisation with offices in the Portsmouth area who are looking to employ a number of experienced and well-rounded Electrical Engineers that takes pride in their work.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post-design services, involving the full engineering lifecycle to meet defined project and business requirements.
What the role of the Electrical Engineer entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Applying customer requirements and constraints together with technical requirements to drive the definition of engineering solutions
- Delivering electrical, automation and control system hardware design solutions
- Assessing, engineering, verifying and qualifying the functional, data management, electrical power and EMC aspects of the product and its components to the necessary quality, performance and safety requirements
- Providing technical guidance on areas of specific expertise within the team
- Authoring technical reports, system and equipment specifications, and supplier statements of work
- Specifying the components, spatial layouts, interconnections and integration of functional elements to meet performance requirements for all aspects of electrical product design
- Engaging with MoD stakeholders, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy project needs
- Presenting technical solutions to engineering authorities and customer stakeholders as well as participating in gate reviews to track and manage progress
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant electrical engineering subject
- Experience in the development of electrical, automation and/or control system products
- Proven experience of using relevant industry standards
- Awareness of all phases of the engineering lifecycle and configuration control systems
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards CEng status
- Experience of operating in a marine or defence environment
- Strong stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Familiarity with engineering analysis workflows and processes
- Experience of producing wiring schematics/electrical drawings
- Practical experience of working on electrical systems and equipment
In order to be eligible for this role you will need to undergo Security Clearance Background Checks that require you to be a UK resident and UK passport holder.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.