|Location: Portsmouth||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Olly Nixon||Job Published: 18 days ago|
Electrical Engineer needed for a defence and maritime organisation based in Portsmouth who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electrical Engineer that takes pride in their work with an in-depth knowledge of development using electrical power and propulsion systems. If you have previously worked with P&P systems, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree - i.e., Electrical Engineering and have a keen interest in marine systems. If you have experience in IT and Mentoring that would be a plus!
- Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
- Enhanced Annual Leave Plan
- Variable Annual Bonus
- Pension Plan
- Career Progression
- Flexible Working
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Supporting the solution development of Technical Queries raised by the CL embodiment team to ensure that design intent is maintained through the change process.
- Providing the 'on site' technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs.
- Providing support for assurance that the overall P&P system design is adequate i.e., it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case.
What experience you need to be the successful Java Developer:
- Degree or equivalent experience in an Engineering Discipline.
- In depth knowledge of electrical power and propulsion systems and appropriate standards.
- Has a good standard of knowledge and detailed understanding to electrical engineering theories, concepts, practices, principals and approaches, able to apply theoretical engineering knowledge, experience & skills to develop products & services, specifications, designs and developments, able to resolve technical & performance issues and problems for a platform, product or service level.
- A proven knowledge and experience of Power and Propulsion system acceptance trials.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.