|Location: Bedfordshire, E. of England, England||Salary: £50 - £60 per hour|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Engineering, Defence, Nuclear||Specialism:|
|Type: Contract||Contact: Zak Mendoza|
Electrical Engineer needed for a multinational Defence organisation based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of hardware electrical power and circuit protection design, demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies and Electrical/Electronic design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Engineer will include:
- Reporting directly to the Project Chief Engineer, this role will lead the Electrical/Electronic design acceptance activity on a major Armoured Fighting Vehicle programme.
- This role will be Customer facing and demand the credibility to sell off the company's Electrical/Electronic Architecture against first the Sub-System and then System level requirements.
- This will demand experience of working within the Def Stan 61-5 Part 6 and IEC61508, to gain full functional safety accreditation.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Engineer:
In order to be the successful Electrical Engineer and have a chance to gain such an exciting opportunity you will ideally need to have the following:
- Hardware electrical power and circuit protection design experience
- Demonstrable implementation experience of power and control strategies
- Electrical/Electronic design and experience of low voltage (DC) high current power distribution.
- Distributed control and Interface experience.
- Working at system level, with suppliers/customers both internal and external.
- Able to work at unit level, with ability to understand and develop detailed technical trades.
- Product Development Process awareness
- Knowledge of hardware and bus protocols including: CAN, SSI, RS422, IBIS, Ethernet, 1553
- Use and selection of motor technologies and drive solutions
- The role will involve working on UK classified programmes the candidate must therefore be willing and able to obtain a security clearance to SC level.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Saber RD simulation experience.
- Experience with Def Stan 61-5 part 6.
- Practical electrical installation, harness and busbar design experience.
- Prior ground vehicle design, integration and field trial experience.
- Practical past experience with 28V vehicle power generation and distribution system.
- Knowledge of EMC, and power system design to minimise signatures (Electric and Magnetic field).
- Experience of working in a structured development process environment.
- Knowledge of EMC
- Ability to support and manage aspects of assembly, integration and test.
- Experience of schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Awareness of MISRA, DO-178C and IEC61508 design. Relevant experience/understanding of the expectations of being employed in a safety critical marketplace (e.g. aerospace/medical/military).
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Please note that all applicants moving forward for the Electrical Engineer position must have obtained or be eligible for security clearance up to SC level.
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.