|Location: West London||Salary: £38000 - £40000 per annum|
|Sector: Civil Engineering & Infrastructure||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Emma Puddick||Job Published: 23 days ago|
Electrical Safety & Technical Support Engineer
£38,000 - £40,000
About the Electrical Safety & Technical Support Engineer
We have an excellent opportunity for an Electrical Safety & Technical Support Engineer to join a large Waste Water business.
The successful candidate will join the electrical services team in order to provide specialist technical and electrical safety support within your geographical region.
Key Duties for the Electrical Safety and Technical Support Engineer:
- Carry out technical assessments and audits of the business's electrical personnel and provide detailed technical reports and presentations
- Be a technical lead in projects and investigations.
- Delivery of LV electrical safety improvement projects.
- Act as an Authorised Person (LV) across a geographical area issuing Permits to Work completed in line with the Electrical Safety Rules
- Technical oversight and direction to newly qualified or appointed technicians
- Practical and theoretical assessment of technical staff against company electrical policy and procedures.
- Appoint technicians in line with job role and technical competence (Competent Persons Electrical assessment)
- Follow up with field-based assessments, Identify Skill gaps or fade through electrical safety audits (SHE6 P)
- Provide mentoring and coaching to address skill gaps some of which will require classroom based and practical teaching.
- Leading local electrical technical community forums
- Provide low voltage electrical technical support to our operations managers. Support around 12 line-managers with approximately 40 electrically skilled technicians, with the recruitment and development of their electrical staff
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Experienced apprenticeship-served industrial maintenance electrician with the potential to act as a focal point for support across multiple teams.
- Good knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements
- An industrial biased electrician having had an indentured apprenticeship.
- Experience with the development and mentoring of trainees.
- Involved with safety auditing process writing detailed persuasive reports.
- City & Guilds 236 or current equivalent City & Guilds 2391, HND or HNC in Electrical engineering
- Time served electrical apprenticeship to NVQL3 or equivalent
- Several years' experience in Electrical Engineering / Maintenance field.
- Ideally an awareness of Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations and electrical equipment for use in potentially flammable atmospheres
- Good IT skills. Working knowledge of SAP beneficial
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.