|Location: Bedfordshire, England||Salary: £40000 - £45000 per annum|
|Sector: Client Delivery, Defence, Engineering||Specialism:|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Nick Taylor|
Electrical Systems Design Engineer
Electrical Systems Design Engineer needed for a market leading aerospace engineering company based in Bedfordshire who are looking to employ an experienced and well-rounded Electrical Systems Design Engineer that takes pride in their work.
The successful candidate would desirably have a relevant degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, and have a keen interest in electrical systems design and engineering. If you have commercial experience from an aerospace, aviation or automotive background that would be a plus!
What the role entails:
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Systems Design Engineer will include:
- Design of innovative High Voltage power distribution units with a focus on network/load switching and protection concepts up to 1500VDC
- Specification of system, subsystem and component requirements
- Network and component modelling and simulation, especially regarding electrothermal and transient behaviour
- Close collaboration with batter management engineers (external) and avionics engineers (internal) regarding design, interfaces and control
- Close collaboration with mechanical engineers responsible for mechanical component design and integration
- Close collaboration with airworthiness engineers regarding the specification and support of system validation and verification according to acceptable means of compliance, i.e. RTCA DO160, DO311, etc. and any new & emerging regulations, standards or AMC for electric aviation
What experience you need to be the successful Electrical Systems Design Engineer:
- Previous industrial experience in electrical engineering, preferably of electric vehicles - HV charging, battery systems, powertrain systems and requirements
- Experience in semiconductor technology and power electronics
- Experience in requirements capture and management advantageous
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Team player with effective collaboration and communication skills
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Systems Design Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.