|Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire||Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum + Variable Bonus|
|Type: Permanent||Contact: Sam Davies|
Electrical Systems Engineer
Electrical Systems Engineer needed for a Nuclear organisation based in Oxford who are looking to employ an experienced Electrical Systems Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Electrical System design.
The successful Electrical Systems Engineer will want to work for this client not just because it's a great opportunity but also because they will give you a wealth of benefits including:
* Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
* 25 days holiday (increases to 28 after 5 years) + Christmas period off, + Bank Holiday and 2 Personal days off!
* Variable annual bonus up to 7%
* Excellent Pension Plan
* Career Progression
* Flexible working hours
* Onsite Parking
* Cycle scheme
* Employee discounts
Some of the main duties of the Electrical Systems Engineer will include:
* Producing electrical systems specifications for large complex remote handling systems.
* Producing electrical equipment designs from specifications
* Interpreting regulations and national requirements
* Producing Electrical distribution designs for facilities to appropriate regulations and standards
* Preparing electrical schematics and BOMs for new prototype equipment
* Supports project managers in preparing project bid documentation, estimating cost and timescales
* Managing and coordinating subcontractors, including specifying tasks and tracking performance.
* Approves quality of design work performed by contractors
* Actively maintains knowledge of technical developments in field.
* Assists in future planning of resources and strategy.
* Producing high quality layout designs for equipment enclosures and panels from schematics.
* Maintaining and upgrading legacy plant
* Managing component obsolescence issues.
* Assisting in the testing and commissioning of systems including ensuring compliance of systems with both site and legislated safety requirements.
What you need to be the successful Electrical Systems Engineer:
* Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership.
* Engineering or technology degree, or equivalent experience.
* Extensive engineering design experience and the ability to assess and perform mechatronic design work.
* Knowledge of remote handling systems and remote operations is highly desirable as is knowledge of nuclear. operations and/or petrochemical operations.
* Proven ability to interact efficiently with people in a variety of different situations.
* Experience of maintenance of legacy equipment, reverse engineering where appropriate.
* Ability to deliver complex engineering projects from cradle to grave.
* Able to produce high quality work to deadlines.
* Flexible working attitude with the ability to work as an individual or as a team member.
* Able to coach less experienced staff.
* Ability to design complex mechatronic systems.
* Understanding of governance, H&S and compliance issues.
* Experience of working in a cross functional team.
* Experience of working in a safety dominated working environment.
Must be eligible for Security Clearance!
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Systems Engineer to progress their career. If you are interested please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!