|Location: Farnborough||Salary: Negotiable|
|Sector: Defence, Nuclear, Engineering||Type: Permanent|
|Contact: Lilli Lacey||Job Published: 10 days ago|
Electrical Technician (commercial) needed for a highly reputable and global security and defence technology organization, with this particular site being based in Farmborough. They are looking to employ a technician to complement their electronic and electrical team supporting the operation of the 5m Wind Tunnel Facility, which is used primarily by major international aircraft manufacturing companies for testing scale models of commercial aircraft.
What qualities the Electrical Technician will need:
For this role in particular the Electrical Technician should have:
- Completed a 3-4 year recognised apprenticeship with as a minimum, a Level 3 technical and vocational qualification or Level 3 Diploma.
- 2+ years of experience as an electrical technician
- Proven practical experience in the installation and maintenance of electrical systems
- Must be able to work at heights and within confined spaces
- 18th edition certification would be preference but would train from 17th.
- Health and Safety knowledge of working on sites and completing reporting
- A good working knowledge of electrical systems e.g., rotating machines and variable speed drives
- A reasonable working knowledge of control systems e.g., PLCs and instrumentation
- Ability to read technical drawings and use them to fault find complex electrical systems
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Electrical Technician:
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing electrical systems in the facility
- Conducting general electrical systems maintenance in accordance with the facility PPM tool
- Provide electrical support to this facility, reporting to the controls, systems and instrumentation
- Support customer trials
The essential requirements of the Electrical Technician:
- Completed a 3-4 year recognised apprenticeship with as a minimum, a Level 3 technical and vocational qualification or Level 3 Diploma
- Also must be eligible for SC clearance and hold BPSS clearance
This really is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Technician to progress their career. If you are interested, please apply as soon as possible as this position will be filled quickly so don't miss out!
Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business.